ALLEGANY, NY – Residents of the Allegany-Limestone Central School District voted to approve a $10 million capital project Tuesday. The measure passed by a vote of 163 to 23.

“We’re very thankful for the community and all the support they give us,".Anthony Giannicchi, the district's superintendent said. "There’s always great pride in our community and our schools, and we hope we can keep it going.”

The project includes renovations to elementary school facilities, such as a multi-purpose room, gymnasium, locker room and STEAM (Science, technology, engineering, the arts and math) room. It also includes repairs to the school's boiler room and sidewalks.

Sign Up for Greater Olean Newsletter
Our newsletter delivers the local news that you can trust.

In addition to work at the elementary schools, the project includes improvements replacement of the bus lift at the district’s bus garage.

New York State will provide 75% of the funding; the other 25% will come from the district's capital reserve fund.

Following voter approval, the project will go into planning stages and then go to the State Education Department for review. Under the district's timetable, the project would be put out to bid in the spring of 2021. Construction also would begin in spring 2021 and be complete by in summer 2022.

More information on the project can be found on the district's website. 

Sign Up for E-News to get top stories delivered daily to your inbox. 

Download the FREE TAPinto App!  Click here for Android - Click here for iOS to get news as it is happening.