The Cattaraugus County Department of the Aging has scheduled “drive-thru” sites in five central locations across the county to distribute Farmers Market Coupon booklets to eligible seniors. The booklets contain $20 in coupons for use at participating Farmers Markets.
Eligibility to receive the Farmers Market Coupon booklets are age 60 or over – and meeting the following monthly income limits:
- $1968/month for a one-person household; or
- $2658/month for a two-person household; or
- $3349/month for a three-person household
(Income levels increase by $691/month based on the number of persons in the applicant’s household.)
All individuals age 60 and over in a household meeting income requirements are eligible to receive booklets, and proof of income is not necessary. Because there is a form to sign, every applicant who comes to a drive-thru must bring a pen. Also, persons must wear face coverings and remain in their vehicles to ensure proper social distancing.
Locations and times for the “drive-thru” distribution sites are listed below.
Cattaraugus County Department of the Aging Farmers Market Coupon booklets distribution locations and times will be conducted rain or shine. The schedule is:
- Monday, July 20, 1-3 p.m., Our Lady of Peace parking lot, 274 Broad St., Salamanca
- Tuesday, July 21, 1-3 p.m., Town of Allegany 60+ parking lot, 3790 Birch Run Road, Allegany.
- Thursday, July 23, 1-3 p.m., Franklinville First Baptist Church parking lot, 27 S. Main St.
- Friday, July 24,10 a.m.-noon, Cattaraugus County Building back parking lot, 1 Leo Moss Drive.
- Monday, July 27,10 a.m.-noon, Community Place/Healthy Community Alliance, creek side parking lot, 1 School St.
Seniors receiving SNAP, Medicaid, SSI, and/or living in public/subsidized housing are eligible for Farmers Market Coupon booklets delivered directly to them through the mail. Because the department has a total of 840 booklets, mailings will be on a first come, first served basis.
For additional information or clarification on the locations, please call the Department of the Aging at 716-373-8032.
Sign Up for E-News to get top stories delivered daily to your inbox.