Cattaraugus County has shut down several programs and services in response to the coronavirus pandemic.
A directive issued Thursday by Cattaraugus County Legislature Chair Howard V. VanRensselaer closed:
- Department of Motor Vehicles Offices in Little Valley and Delevan;
- All congregate sites operated by the Department of Aging;
- The Treasurer's Office in Olean;
- The Cattaraugus County Museum in Machias, and
- The Cattaraugus One Stop Career Center in Olean.
The directive also closed refuse transfer stations in Allegany, Conewango, Machias, Dayton, Five Points and Farwell. The Portville and Salamanca transfer stations will remain open.
VanRensselaer will reassess the restrictions again on April 20 and decide whether modifications are needed.
For more information on the Coronavirus in the Greater Olean area, visit TAPinto Greater Olean's Coronavirus Updates page, which is updated continuously.
Sign Up for E-News to get top stories delivered daily to your inbox.