ST. BONAVENTURE, NY -- The university is updating its Coronavirus precautions. Here are the latest decisions:
FOOD SERVICE: After 8 p.m. Monday, food will be served by takeout only.
VISITORS: In addition to the previous week's decision banning overnight visitors, the campus is closed to all visitors other than essential vendors and deliveries, effective immediately. Residential students are not permitted to host outside guests in any residential facility.
• CAMPUS INTERVIEWS: All faculty and staff job interviews scheduled to be held on campus are canceled and should be completed using alternate technology (Zoom, Skype, phone, etc.).
• STUDENT CONDUCT: Students are reminded that the Code of Conduct remains in full effect. Students documented in incidents involving policy violations are subject to summary suspension, pending a judicial hearing (via Zoom or in person when classes resume).
• LARGE GATHERINGS: Given the public health crisis and the urgency to reduce gathering sizes, large campus and off-campus parties are strongly discouraged. Be aware that Safety & Security and local police are on alert and have the jurisdiction to intervene when warranted.
• TRAINING: Online training for faculty was held last week and Saturday, and continues today and Tuesday as we prepare for online course delivery no later than Wednesday, March 18. Faculty can email [email@example.com%20]firstname.lastname@example.org for an individual session or if they have any other questions/needs. Many thanks to staff and faculty who have had to juggle responsibilities and have gone above and beyond over the weekend to address student concerns and to offer faculty development opportunities for online learning.
• EMPLOYMENT: Faculty and staff are expected to report to work until further notice.
• ADMISSIONS: Spring Into Bonaventure, scheduled for April 3, has been postponed. The event for admitted students may be held at a later date if safe to do so, but in the meantime, the Admissions Office is working on possible “virtual” options for student outreach to replace the event.
• MINISTRIES: Based on guidance from the Diocese of Buffalo, all public Masses on campus are temporarily suspended.
• FRIEDSAM LIBRARY: Access to the library will be restricted to campus community members only. This restriction will last through the time that classes are online. To enter the library, persons will need their SBU ID card. The card access reader is on the inner set of doors — directions will be posted on the door for those unfamiliar with the card access system. Questions can be directed to Library Director Ann Tenglund or 716-375-2378.
For the latest campus updates on COVID-19, click here.
For more information on the Coronavirus in the Greater Olean area, visit TAPinto Greater Olean's Coronvirus Updates page, which is updated continuously.
Sign Up for E-News to get top stories delivered daily to your inbox.