OLEAN, NY — Tops is limiting the sale of several items during the Coronavirus crisis.
According to a news release from the company, shoppers will be limited to two of the following items:
- Disinfectant wipes;
- Disinfectant sprays;
- Hand sanitizer;
- Bath tissue (18 roll pack or larger);
- Cleansing flushable wipes, and
- Purchases also will be limited to four total gallons of water.
“Our internal crisis management team that has been in place for decades has been preparing for the COVID-19 event since January and has been closely monitoring the developments and making adjustments accordingly,” Tops CEO Frank Curci said in a statement.
For more information on the Coronavirus in the Greater Olean area, visit TAPinto Greater Olean's Coronvirus Updates page, which is updated continuously.
Curci said the company has:
- Increased communications with our stores and associates and reiterated proper sanitation procedures;
- Added extra supplies like hand sanitizer, disposable gloves, and disinfectants to help combat the spread of germs;
- Increased cleaning cycles especially in commonly used areas like cashier stations and sFrank Curcielf-checkouts, and
- Increased the frequency of sanitizing and cleaning of food contact surfaces, pharmacy counters, restrooms, break rooms and other public areas.
Sign Up for E-News to get top stories delivered daily to your inbox.