BELMONT, NY – Numerous new details about the double homicide in Clarksville emerged in court Tuesday.

During a preliminary hearing in Allegany County District Court, it was revealed that William J. Larson Jr., 17, shot his father, William Larson, 67.

Christopher Weber, the senior investigator on the case, said that Larson said his mother, Lisa Larson, 50, was shot by his father. His father then woke him up, ripped his bedroom door off the hinges and threw a knife at him, Weber said. Larson first shot a gun as a warning to his father, then shot him and dragged both bodies back into the house, he said.

Sign Up for Greater Olean Newsletter
Our newsletter delivers the local news that you can trust.

Larson was arrested Thursday and charged with two accounts of second degree murder and two accounts of first degree manslaughter.

Kyle James Pomeroy, an Allegany County investigator assigned to this case, reviewed and confirmed the autopsy reports.

The autopsy reports showed that Lisa Larson had a gunshot wound on her lower right leg, as well as stab wounds in her chest area. The elder William Larson had multiple sharp force injuries, multiple stab wounds and a gunshot wound in his lower torso.

According to police, the Clarksville Volunteer Fire Company responded to a structure fire at 8472 Courtney Hollow Road late Wednesday night and were met by Larson when they arrived. Firefighters contained a small fire at the residence. After discovering the two bodies, they contacted the New York State Police. Prior to police arrival, Larson fled the scene on foot, police said. 

Weber said that Larson lit a pool table in the basement on fire and had a campfire outside the house that he stayed by. Police found evidence of the campfire when they investigated.

Weber described the knife that Larson said his father threw at him and said a few knives matched the description. However, the knife most closely resembling the one Larson described was untouched in a cabinet.

Weber also said that Larson said his father was using methamphetamine, although there was no evidence his father, or he, had the drug in their systems at the time of the incident. No evidence of drugs was found on the premises by the police.

Weber said he was called to the scene early Thursday morning. At about 5 p.m. Thursday, he received a call that Larson had been found. He said the police interrogation, which including two breaks, lasted about three hours.

Clips of the interrogation were shown in court Wednesday. Authorities made small talk with Larson before the Miranda Rights were read at the beginning of the interrogation. Most of the audio was difficult to hear, but afterwards Weber detailed what was said during the interrogation.

Weber said that Larson said he does not associate with any other family members. Most of his siblings live out of state, but a stepbrother, who lives in the area, confirmed that he and Larson do not associate.

Weber said there were bullet casings and knives all over the house and that Larson was seen by several neighbors leaving the house with multiple guns.

Belongings of Larson’s mother were in a car, said Weber, indicating that she might have been leaving. He added that Larson said he felt his father was leaving because his father brought valuables out to the car. Some of the valuables Larson described have been found.

Because the court session was a preliminary hearing, Larson did not make a plea.

Assistant District Attorney Tom Fuoco represented the People of the State of New York. J.R. Carter and Jake Rood were the Assistant Public Defenders for Larson. Terrence Parker was the judge assigned to this case.

Fuoco will make an initial presentation to an Allegany County Grand Jury on Dec. 11. The Grand Jury is scheduled to hear the case Dec. 17 at 1 p.m.

Larson is being held on $50,000 cash bail/$100,000 bond.

Sign Up for E-News to get top stories delivered daily to your inbox. 

Download the FREE TAPinto App!  Click here for Android - Click here for iOS to get news as it is happening.