TETERBORO, NJ - The Teterboro Airport Community Benefit Fund is pleased to announce their 2020 scholarship award recipients. The scholarships are normally awarded at a luncheon, but that event was canceled due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic.
This year’s ten recipients are:
- Krish Patel – Henry P. Becton Regional High School
- Brian Madura – Bergen County Technical High School
- Joseph Lechuga – Bogota Junior/Senior High School
- Glenn Carnero – Hackensack High School
- Joseph Kim – Hasbrouck Heights High School
- Roberto Martinez – Ridgefield Park Junior/Senior High School
- Marta Graudina – Rutherford High School
- Alyssa Jaipersaud – Secaucus High School
- Orlando Bailey – Teaneck High School
- Kylie Wasserman – Wood-Ridge Junior/Senior High School
The scholarship award recipients plan to pursue higher education in the fields of Aviation/Aerospace, Engineering, or Computer Science, are active in their communities and school, and have a strong academic record. The year’s recipients plan to attend some of the most prestigious and renowned institutions, such as New Jersey Institute of Technology, Rutgers School of Engineering, Stevens Institute of Technology, Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University, Cornell University, Marist College, and Bergen County Community College.
“The Teterboro Airport Community Benefit Fund gives me the opportunity to be a part of a charitable organization that places importance on giving back to the community by gathering private and corporate entities to award scholarships,” said Riddhi Nagrashna, Secretary for The Teterboro Airport Community Benefit Fund.
“The Teterboro Airport Community Benefit Fund paves the way for tomorrow’s leaders by cementing their trajectories into the expansive fields in Aviation,” said Ciba Williams, Treasurer for The Teterboro Airport Community Benefit Fund.
Since its inception in 1986, the Teterboro Airport Community Benefit Fund has been able to award over $280,750 to 250 local graduating high school seniors pursuing higher education. The Fund is a 501(c)3 charitable organization, and sustained through the generosity of private and corporate entities.