HACKENSACK, NJ - With the City of Hackensack and Johnson Public Library each offering their own free outdoor concert series, locals can make the most of their summer nights without breaking the bank.
The city’s series will be held on the Hackensack Town Green, which is located across from the Bergen County Courthouse. All performances start at 7:30 p.m. and attendees should bring a blanket or lawn chair.
- July 16 – New Power Soul
- July 23 – B Street Band
- July 30 – New York Bee Gees
- Aug. 6 - Eaglemania
Concerts at the library (274 Main Street) are held on the front lawn and begin at 2 p.m. Light refreshments will be available.
In the event of bad weather, the concert will be moved into the library’s auditorium.
- July 13 – Navesink Brass
- Aug. 17 - Sumbaswing
The Hackensack Department of Cultural Arts has also scheduled a full slate of free activities this summer in Atlantic Street Park, including yoga, Shakespeare performances and movies.
Admission to events at the park (102 State Street in Hackensack) is free, however attendees should bring a lawn chair or blanket to watch the performances or movies.
Weather permitting, the schedule is as follows:
Sunset Yoga (7:30 to 8:30 p.m.) on July 8, July 15, July 29, Aug. 5, Aug 12, Aug. 19 and Aug. 26
- The class is taught by licensed yoga instructor Jennifer Dorney and is suitable for all ages and skill levels.
Shakespeare in the Park
- June 19 from 7:30 to 9:30 p.m. – As You Like It
- June 26 from 7:30 to 9:30 p.m. – As You Like It
- July 24 from 7:30 to 9:30 p.m. – Coriolanus
Movies Under the Stars
- June 27 from 8 to 10:30 p.m. – Spiderman: Into the Spider-Verse
- July 25 from 8 to 10:30 p.m. – Incredibles 2
- Aug. 29 from 8 to 10:30 p.m. – Avengers: Infinity War