HAMILTON, NJ – Hamilton Township Mayor Jeff Martin prepared the "Open for Dining" sign on Friday for local restaurants who will be able to offer outside dining beginning on Monday, June 15.
“After months of waiting, our restaurants can finally begin to reopen to customers and recover economically,” said Martin. “Hamilton’s wide variety of dining establishments are a huge part of what makes our community so special. We are excited that residents may once again enjoy their favorite restaurants in an outdoor setting.
“Our Township Departments of Health and Community and Economic Development have been working tirelessly with our local restaurants to make sure they have the information they need and ensure they are able to open in a safe manner. I am incredibly thankful for their hard work and collaboration in this effort," added Martin
To make certain that eateries are reopening safely, both for its employees and patrons, the Township has created a Temporary Outdoor Dining Application and a Guidance for Safe and Healthy Dining for restaurant owners and managers. The Township will waive the filing fee and expedite the review of all applications seeking to create outdoor seating.
"I can tell you that all board members of the Trenton AOH Msgr. Crean Division #1 are overjoyed to open our club in the new outdoor setting. We owe the ability to do this to Fred Dumont and his team at the Township office,” said Sean Carter, Officer and Bar Chairman of the Hibernian Club. “Fred has gone above and beyond the call of duty to make this a reality.
"Mayor Jeff Martin could not have picked a better person to head up the Department of Community Planning and Compliance. We all know this has been a difficult time but Fred, Mayor Jeff and their teams, dedicated themselves to working together to accomplish what is best for the Township. Thank you Fred and Mayor Jeff!" said Carter.
Restaurants also must certify that they will abide by all CDC and State regulations and recommendations for the food service industry. This includes social distancing guidelines, the wearing of masks by all staff members, and increased frequency and intensity of cleaning surfaces. All temporary outdoor seating areas must be closed by 10:00 p.m. on Monday to Thursday nights, and 11:00 pm on Friday and Saturday nights.
As of Friday, June 12, the below Hamilton eateries have been approved to begin offering outdoor dining beginning on Monday:
• Cook Athletic Association – 411 Hobart Ave
• Thai Ginger – 1045 Washington Blvd
• DeLorenzo’s Pizza – 147 Sloan Avenue
• JoJo’s Tavern and Restaurant – 2677 Nottingham Way
• Hibernian Club – 2419 Kuser Road
• Blend Bar & Bistro – 911 Highway 33
• Hamilton Elks Lodge #2262 – 1580 Kuser Road
• Killarney’s Publick House – 1644 Whitehorse-Mercerville Road
• Moe’s Southwest Grill – 1309 Route 33
• Malaga Spanish Restaurant – 511 Lalor Street
• Spigola Vino e Cucina 3817 Crosswicks Hamilton Sq Road
• Hamilton Tap & Grill – 557 US 130
• Bills Olde Tavern – 2694 Nottingham Way
• The Brookwood Café – 3133 Quakerbridge Road
• Villa Maria Restaurant – 3800 Quakerbridge Road
• Broad Street Diner – 2654 South Broad Street
• Red Robin – 325 Marketplace Blvd
• Tessara – 812 Route 33
• Mama Rosa’s – 572 Klockner Road
• Brother’s Pizza – 871 Route 33
• Panera Bread at both -- 1240 Route 33 and 375 Marketplace Blvd
“From the staff of Bill’s Olde Tavern, we would like to thank Mayor Jeff Martin and Fred Dumont for their quick response and assistance on the expansion of our outdoor dining. We are very excited and eager to reconnect with our customers. Stay safe,” said Al Von Steenburg, owner of Bill’s Olde Tavern.
“The Brookwood Cafe is looking forward to offering outdoor seating beginning Wednesday, June 17th,” said Jeff and Kelly Rick, owners of The Brookwood Café. “Many thanks to Fred Dumont, the head of Hamilton Township Economic Development, and his hardworking staff for the seamless transition for this endeavor. We will offer six tables of four under a canopy tent. Can't wait to see all of our customers, we have missed everyone!”
Restaurants with questions or need a Temporary Outdoor Dining Application can contact the Office of the Business Administrator at (609) 890-3506.
Know a story we should share with readers? Email editor Elizabeth Meyers and tell her about it.