TRENTON, NJ —Most Mercer County government offices and facilities will be closed Wednesday, December 25 in observance of Christmas Day, and Wednesday, January 1, 2020, for New Year’s Day observance. Some critical facilities such as Trenton-Mercer Airport (except for administrative offices), Correction Center, Sheriff’s Office and the Emergency Services Communication Center will remain open or have modified hours.
The following Mercer County offices will be closed on both holidays and will reopen for business on Thursday, December 26, and Thursday, January 2: McDade Administration Building, 640 South Broad St.; Criminal Courthouse, 400 South Warren St.; Office of the County Clerk, 209 South Broad St.; Civil Courthouse and Office of the County Surrogate, 175 South Broad St.; Board of Social Services, 200 Woolverton St.; One-Stop Career Center, 26 Yard Ave.; Cooperative Extension of Mercer County, 1440 Parkside Ave., Ewing; and Mercer County Connection, Route 33 at Paxson Avenue, Hamilton. County Connection also will be closed Saturday, Dec. 28, and will close at 4:30 p.m. Dec. 24 and Dec. 31.
All branches of the Mercer County Library System -- including the Robbinsville Library -- will close at 3:00 pm December 24 through December 25; and will again close at 3:00 pm December 31 until January 2, 2020.
Mercer County Park Commission facilities will have the following holiday hours:
- The Tennis Center will be closed Dec. 25 but will be open Dec. 24 from 7:30 a.m. to noon, Dec. 31 from 7:30 a.m. to 6 p.m. and Jan. 1 from 7:30 a.m. to 9 p.m.
- The Skating Center will be closed Dec. 25 but will have sessions Dec. 24 from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m., Dec. 31 from 10 a.m. to noon and 1 to 3 p.m., and Jan. 1 from 10 a.m. to noon, 1 to 3 p.m. and 4 to 6 p.m.
- All four county golf courses will be closed Dec. 25 but will be open Dec. 24 and 31, and Jan. 1 from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Mercer County Stables will be closed Dec. 25 and Jan. 1 but will be open Dec. 24 and 31 from 7 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- The Wildlife Center will be open Dec. 24, 25 and 31, and Jan. 1 from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- The Tulpehaking Nature Center will be closed Dec. 24, 25 and 31, and Jan. 1.
- Howell Living History Farm (including picnic area and parking lot) is closed to the public until the new program year begins Saturday, Jan. 25, 2020. The Friends of Howell Farm Gift Shop, located in the farm’s Visitor Center, is open from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m., Tuesday-Friday, through Dec. 20.
Know a story we should share with readers? Email editor Elizabeth Meyers and tell her about it.