TRENTON, NJ -- Customers of Trenton Water Works (TWW) will now be able to pay their bills and manage their accounts online, utililty officials announced recently.
"Our customers have been asking for additional ways to pay their bills, prompting us to prepare this new system in recent months. We are excited to roll it out,” said Michael Walker, Chief of Communications and Community Relations for Trenton Water Works.
Powered by Invoice Cloud, a provider of integrated payment solutions, the online system can be accessed by visiting the Trenton Water Works website and clicking on the “Pay Your Bill” link. Beginning on Monday, March 30, Customers can establish an ongoing account by using their e-mail address and creating a password, or they can make a one-time payment.
Ways that TWW customers can manage their accounts include:
* Credit and Debit Card Payments - Pay a TWW bill with a credit or debit card: Visa, MasterCard, Discover Card, American Express. There is a $3.95 convenience fee to use this service, which is paid to Invoice Cloud, and a limit of $500.
* Autopay - Automatically pay your TWW water bill on the due date. There is a $0.95 fee for this service using ACH and $3.95 to use a credit card.
* E-check - Pay your bill with a checking or savings account for a $3.95 convenience fee.
* Go paperless - Receive your TWW bill via email.
* E-mail Reminders - Receive email reminders when your TWW bill is ready, when a scheduled payment is pending, and receive a confirmation after making a payment.
* Recurring Payment - Set up a schedule to pay a fixed amount of your TWW bill balance on a specific day of the month.
* Pay by Text - Receive text notifications about your bill on your smartphone and pay your bill via a stored payment method.
"We continue to examine ways to improve the service experience for our customers," added Walker. "We have hired additional customer service representatives, installed a new phone system, rolled out new call-center software, and expanded training to improve customer service. More enhancements are on the horizon.”
Customers without Internet access can pay their bills by phone by calling 1-855-667-0982. In-person credit card payments can be made to customer service at TWW’s operations center, 333 Cortland Street in Trenton. At present, TWW can only accept cash at its City Hall, 319 East State Street payment windows.
Know a story we should share with readers? Email editor Elizabeth Meyers and tell her about it.