HASBROUCK HEIGHTS/WOOD-RIDGE, NJ The deadline is approaching for residents to file to run for the upcoming election for the Boards of Education for Hasbrouck Heights and Wood-Ridge.
Nominating petitions can be found on the Hasbrouck Heights School District website. Wood-Ridge residents can contact the district's Board of Education Office for additional information.
To become a member of a local board of education in New Jersey you must:
- Be able to read and write;
- Hold U.S. citizenship and one year's residency in Hasbrouck Heights;
- Have no interest in any contract with, or claim against, the Board;
- Not hold office as mayor or member of the municipal governing body;
- Be registered to vote and not be disqualified as a voter under N.J.S.A. 19:4-1; and
- Satisfy a criminal history background check pursuant to N.J.S.A. 18A:12-1.
Anyone interested can submit a Nominating Petition with the County Clerk's Office Elections Division:
One Bergen County Plaza, Room 130
Hackensack, NJ 07601
The petitions must be received by Monday, July 27, 2020. The general election is Tuesday, November 3.
TAPinto Hasbrouck Heights/Wood-Ridge/Teterboro is Hasbrouck Heights, Wood-Ridge and Teterboro’s free daily news source, and is the official newspaper of the Hasbrouck Heights Board of Education, Hasbrouck Heights Borough Council, and Wood-Ridge Board of Education.