HASBROUCK HEIGHTS, NJ - The Hasbrouck Heights Borough Council, on public hearing passed Ordinance 2455 to Supplement Subsection E of Section 275-21 of the Borough Code amending the rules pertaining to lights and illuminated devices in the B1 (Boulevard Business District) section of Hasbrouck Heights.
The Ordinance would allow lights and strings of illuminated devices and graphics to be used between Thanksgiving and the following January 10th to celebrate the holiday season, and create an exception for the prohibition currently in the regulations.
The ordinance passed on a 3-2 vote, with Councilman Chris Hillmann and Steven Reyngoudt voting against, and Councilmen Ron Kistner, Justin DiPisa and Russell Lipari voting for the measure. Councilwoman Josephine Ciocia was not in attendance.
The Council also approved the minutes from the December 26, 2019 and January 28, 2020 regular meetings. The also approved the following communications, petitions and bids.
Letter from Hasbrouck Heights Little League requesting permission to hold their annual Opening Day Parade on April 4, 2020.
Letter from Chief Gumbrecht advising if the resignation of Ryan Dingertopadre from the Hasbrouck Heights Fire Department,
Letter from Acting Chief Moots advising the election of Bernardo Valente to the position of Lieutenant due to the vacancy left by Marc Nazeh.
Letter from Acting Chief Moots advising resignation of Andrew Cupo from Hasbrouck Heights Fire Department,
Letter from Planning Board Attorney, Joseph Rotolo, advising of the Planning Board support of the adoption of Ordinance 2455.
The Bills resolution was approved.
The Consent Agenda was approved.
41 Authorizing a professional contract with Joseph J. Rotolo, Esq., as Zoning Board of Adjustment Attorney
42. Authorizing a professional contract with Boswell Engineering as a Zoning Board of Adjustment Engineer
43. Authorizing application for 2019 Recycling Tonnage Grant
44. Authorizing approval for license for Commercial sale of certain motor vehicles, for the following motor vehicle dealers.
Prestige Motors Leasing Corp, 92 Railroad Ave, Suite 109
Stallian Auto Group, 92 Railroad Ave, Suite 1
Palm Tree Motors, 92 Railroad Ave, Suite 216
MSC Expeditions Inc., 60 Railroad Ave., Suite 113
Journey Auto Sales, 101 Industrial Ave, Suite 108
IPEK Auto Sales, LLC, 101 Industrial Ave, Suite 209
Railroad Motors, 92 Railroad Ave, Suite 2
International Auto Sales, 92 Railroad Ave, Suite 126
Lifestyle Auto LLC, 92 Railroad Ave. Suite 110
NJG Wholesalers Inc., 92 Railroad Ave, Suite 228
On The Road Again LLC, 101 Industrial Ave, Suite 212
45 Dog Licenses - Payment of fees to the state
46. Authorized cancellation of taxes for 3rd & 4th quarter 2019 for Disabled Veteran Exemption
47 Authorized Raffle License for the Foundation of the NJ District of Kiwanis International
48. Authorized the Hasbrouck Heights Police Department to apply and continue to participate in the Department of Defense- Defense Logistics Agency- Law Enforcement Support office, 1033 Program
49 . Authorized entry into an agreement with the Bergen County Open Space, Recreation, Floodplain Protection, Farmland and Historic Preservation Trust Fund for a Grant Award for 2019 Municipal Park Improvement Program
50. Authorized the assignment of Brian Giblin, Esq in the defense of the Borough in the Civil Action Case Paul Albanese vs Borough of Hasbrouck Heights.
Councilmen Reyngoudt and Hillmann voted in the affirmative for all except for 50, which they abstained. Councilmen Kistner, DIPisa and Lipari voted in the affirmative.
Approved the following resolutions
51. Authorized a raffle license for the Hasbrouck Heights Parents Association for Athletes.
52. Authorized approval for license for Commercial sale of certain motor vehicles, for certain motor vehicle dealers:
KMG of USA Inc., 101 Industrial Ave, Suite 202
TAPinto Hasbrouck Heights/Wood-Ridge/Teterboro is Hasbrouck Heights, Wood-Ridge and Teterboro’s free daily news source, and is the official newspaper of the Hasbrouck Heights Board of Education and Hasbrouck Heights Borough Council.
Sign up for our FREE daily eNews.