HASBROUCK HEIGHTS, NJ - The Borough of Hasbrouck Heights Council recognized the Hasbrouck Heights Soccer Association Girls U19 team for winning the Northern Bergen County Spring Soccer League Championship at the Tuesday evening Council meeting.
The Council also passed three ordinances on public hearing.
The first ordinance approved allow the borough to appropriate $100,000 to provide for the repair and/or reconstruction of certain portions of the sanitary sewer system and storm water drainage facilities. The ordinance also includes the authorization to allow the borough finance the cost of the work by issuing bonds, not to exceed to $95,000 .
Additionally, a second ordinance approves the purchase of a sewer inspection camera and necessary accessories for use by the Department of Public Works. The amount of the appropriation is $75,000, and the ordinance authorizes the town to finance cost by issuing bonds, not to exceed $70,000.
The last ordinance authorizes the borough to appropriate $600,000 to provide for road resurfacing programs including programs that were in the 2014 and 2015 Capital Budgets, as well as the resurfacing of Franklin Avenue.
Additionally, the council approved the consent agenda, which included the following resolutions.
- A resolution authorizing extension of the radio maintenance contract with Electronic Service Solutions.
- A resolution authorizing agreement with Motorola Solutions for Cassadian/Plant 911 Equipment for 2018-2019
- Authorized renewal of the Alcoholic Beverage Licenses from July 1, 2018 to June 30, 2019 to the following establishments.
- Houlihans Restaurant
- Mt. Fuji Restaurant
- Bensi Restaurant
- Ivy Inn
- The Heights Bar and Grill
- Hasbrouck Management LLC
- Wino LLC (Inactive License to be held in Borough Clerk’s office.)
- B.E. Princess Liquors
- Liquor Master
- Yoshi Liquors and Wines
- Heights Beer and Wine Emporium
- Hasbrouck Heights Elk Lodge
- Hasbrouck Heights Memorial Post 4591
- Approval of 2018/19 License for the Commercial Sale of Certain Motor Vehicles (88 Coupes LLC)
- Authorizing the Hasbrouck Heights Police Department to apply and continue to participate in the Department of Defense Logistics Agency-Law Enforcement Support Office/1033 Program.
This program allows the HHPD to acquire excess Department of Defense equipment, with certain restrictions.
- Authorized a raffle license for the Hasbrouck Heights Junior Football League
- Additionally, they authorized approval of a 2018/19 License for Commercial Sale of Certain Motor Vehicles for Highland Auto Sales.