HASBROUCK HEIGHTS, NJ – The Board of Health Hasbrouck Heights will host a blood drive on Monday, August 14, 1:30 p.m. to 5:30 p.m in the Municipal lot on Central Avenue.
A certificate for a free oil change certificate from Bovan’s Auto Center will be offered. Free cholesterol screening will be available with each donation.
The need for blood is even more crucial in the summer.
- Red Blood Cells have a shelf life of about 35 days.
- Each blood donation is tested for HIV, Hepatitis B & C, Syphilis, West Nile Virus and other infectious agents. Testing requires 24 hours.
- Every 2.5 seconds someone needs blood, a friend, a family member or maybe even you.
- Less than 5% of the population donates blood, yet 80% of the population needs blood.
- Nearly 4 million Americans would die each year without life-saving blood transfusions.
- An estimated 109,500 Americans will be diagnosed with leukemia, lymphoma and myeloma this year.
To set up an appointment call 201-251-3703. Walk-ins are welcome.
Donor guidelines for donating include:
- Weight at least 110 lbs.,
- Eat before donating
- Bring a form of ID.