HASBROUCK HEIGHTS, NJ -- The Board of Education of Hasbrouck Heights is accepting recommendations for qualified candidates to fill a vacancy on the Board of Education, according to an announcement from Dina Messery, Board Secretary/School Business Administrator.
To become a member of a local board of education in New Jersey you must:
- Be able to read and write;
- Hold U.S. citizenship and one year's residency in Hasbrouck Heights;
- Have no interest in any contract with, or claim against, the Board;
- Not hold office as mayor or member of the municipal governing body;
- Be registered to vote and not be disqualified as a voter under N.J.S.A. 19:4-1; and
- Satisfy a criminal history background check pursuant to N.J.S.A. 18A:12-1.
Interested parties are requested to submit a Letter of Interest and Resume to:
Hasbrouck Heights Public Schools
c/o Dina Messery, Board Secretary/Business Administrator
Hasbrouck Heights, NJ 07604
The letter of interest must be received by July 8, 2019. Candidates for the vacancy will be interviewed at a Committee Meeting of the Board to be held at 5:00 P.M. on July 15, 2019. The Board intends to take action to fill the vacancy at the Board meeting on July 18, 2019.
TAPinto Hasbrouck Heights/Wood-Ridge/Teterboro is Hasbrouck Heights, Wood-Ridge and Teterboro’s free daily news source.
TAPinto Hasbrouck Heights/Wood-Ridge/Teterboro is the official newspaper of the Hasbrouck Heights Board of Education and Hasbrouck Heights Borough Council.
Subscribe for free daily eNews delivered to your inbox. Follow us on Facebook and on Twitter. (@HHeightsWRidgeT) Live on your phone? Then download the TAPinto App! Click here for Android. Click here for iOS.
Want to let us know what you think? Send a Letter to the Editor
We are never more than a click away.