LODI, NJ - The Auxiliary of the Joseph M. Lane American Legion Post 136 will hold a chili-cook off on Monday, December 9, at 6pm at the Post. The event is open to the public to enter. Contest entries are $10 each.
Funds raised will go to the Ladies Auxiliary for programs, such as supporting activities at the Paramus Veterans Home.
Contestants must pre-register by December 1. Three judges will evaluate the entries and issue a final decision There will be three cash prizes: First Place - $75, Second Place - $50, Third Place - $25.
The event is open to the public to have a delicious, affordable dinner, reasonably priced at $5.00 per person.
Additional chili cook-off rules include:
- No condiments allowed for judging;
- Pre-register for the Chili Cook-off Competition by December 1, 2019;
- Bring already prepared chili (ready to eat.) The recipe should produce one crockpot or half chafing dish tray;
- Post 136 will provide crackers, salad, condiments, bowls, cups, spoons and napkins for serving chili;
- Contestants must be present to win.
For additional information or questions, call either Sharon at 201-906-0213 or Margaret at 201-264-4622.
American Legion Joseph M. Lane Post 136 is located at 41 Union Street, Lodi, NJ.
TAPinto Hasbrouck Heights/Wood-Ridge/Teterboro is Hasbrouck Heights, Wood-Ridge and Teterboro’s free daily news source, and is the official newspaper of the Hasbrouck Heights Board of Education and Hasbrouck Heights Borough Council.
Sign up for our FREE daily eNews.
Celebrating Something Special? Showcase Your Wedding, Christening, Bar/Bat Mitzvah, Graduation, Reunion and MORE on TAPinto Milestones! Free for a limited time.