WOOD-RIDGE, NJ - The Wood-Ridge Council passed the following as part of the consent agenda on Wednesday evening.
1. MINUTES: Minutes of the March 18, 2020 Regular Meeting
2, RESOLUTIONS: Adoption of the following
- 060-2020 Resolution Authorizing Payment of Bills.
- 061-2020 Resolution Awarding Contract to Nickerson Corporation for Purchase of Bleacher System and Press Box for Donna Ricker Field Pursuant to ESCNJ Cooperative.
- 062-2020 Resolution Authorizing Shared Service Agreement with BCUA for Solid Waste Cooperative.
- 063-2020 Resolution Approving Tax Appeal Settlement for Cliffview Gardens.
- 064-2020 Resolution Authorizing the Mayor to Execute Recreation and Open Space Inventory (ROSI) Certification.
- 065-2020 Resolution Awarding Contract to Deluxe International Trucks, Inc., for Purchase of Dump Truck Chassis and Can for DPW to the ESCNJ Cooperative.
- 066-2020 Resolution Approving Introduction of 2020 Budget.
- 067-2020 Resolution to Contract for Professional Architect without Competitive Bidding for Preparation of Concept Studies for additions and Reorganization of the Municipal Complex Phase 2.
- 068-2020 Resolution Authorizing Borough Administrator and CFO to Process Payments Before Payment Cycle.
- 069-2020 Resolution Appointing Robert Francis as Police Officer for the Wood-Ridge Police Department.
- 070-2020 Resolution Appointing Thomas M. Battaglia, William A. Wolfsohn and Joseph E. Biamonte, Jr. as Police Lieutenants for the Wood-Ridge Police Department.
- 071-2020 Resolution Appointing Matthew J. Mueller and Robert J. Jones as Police Sergeants for the Wood-Ridge Police Department.
- 072-2020 Resolution Awarding Contract to Absolute Fire Protection Co., Inc. for the Purchase of an Ambulance for the Wood-Ridge Fire Department.
- 073-2020 Resolution Authorizing the Submission of an Application to the Bergen County Open Space Trust Fund Municipal Program Park Improvement Program to Repurpose its Municipal Program Park Improvement 2019 Grant Award.
- 074-2020 Bergen County Open Space Trust Fund Municipal Program Park Improvement Program Endorsing Resolution for 2020 Kennedy Lane Dog Run.
- 075-2020 Resolution Approving Change Order #1 and Final Payment for Donna Ricker Rehab Improvements - Athletic Fields of America.
- 076-2020 Resolution Approving Close of Contract for Donna Ricker Rehab Improvements – Athletic Fields of America.
- 077-2020 Resolution Authorizing Professional Engineering and Surveying Contract with Neglia Engineering for Preparation of MS4 and Stormwater Permits.
- 078-2020 Resolution Authorizing Temporary Capital Budget Amendment.
- Application from Family Balance Concepts, Inc. for an On-Premise 50/50 and Tricky Tray on June 26, 2020 at the Fiesta.
- Application to Amend Little League Raffle to July 11, 2020 date.
All applications listed above have been reviewed and approved by the Wood-Ridge Police Department.
4. SEMINAR APPROVALS:
- Appointment of Nick Fallon as a Member of the Wood-Ridge Fire Department and Emergency Squad.
- Appointment of Jake Reiter as a Member of the Wood-Ridge Fire Department.
See Resolution 069-2020 for Police Officer Hiring.
See Resolution 070-2020 for Police Lieutenant Promotion.
See Resolution 071-2020 for Police Sergeant Promotion.
Following the approvals, Mayor Paul Sarlo said that the Council would have all those officers who were hired and promoted assemble for a ceremonial presentation, even though the hirings/promotions take place immediately. They did not do them at this time as the Council was practicing the social distancing guidelines.
Wood-Ridge Police Chief John Korin thanked Mayor Sarlo and Borough Administrator Chris Eilert for the new hires and promotions under the difficult circumstances everyone is currently working under.
It was noted earlier in the meeting that Robert Francis had previously worked for Wood-Ridge in the DPW before becoming a New Jersey State Trooper. He is now returning to Wood-Ridge to as an officer on the Wood-Ridge Police Department.
Small businesses in Hasbrouck Heights, Wood-Ridge, Teterboro, Lodi, Carlstadt, Moonachie: To help our communities during this difficult time, TAPinto.net is offering all local businesses free content marketing services on TAPinto.net through April 30th through our self-serve platform, including press releases/announcements and event listings. Businesses can submit hours of operation, offers, services, and much more.
TAPinto Hasbrouck Heights/Wood-Ridge/Teterboro is Hasbrouck Heights, Wood-Ridge and Teterboro’s free daily news source, and is the official newspaper of the Hasbrouck Heights Board of Education and Hasbrouck Heights Borough Council.
Sign up for our FREE daily eNews.