HASBROUCK HEIGHTS, NJ - In collaboration with the Hasbrouck Heights Mayor and Council, TAPinto Hasbrouck Heights/Wood-Ridge/Teterboro will be publishing the department's year-end reports for 2019.
These year-end reports were filed by Dorothy Bernice.
Zoning Board of Adjustment
- The Building Department has changed leadership with Gino Tessaro becoming the Construction Code Official as well as the Zoning Officer.
- The Electrical Inspector has changed to Manny Fernandez. Inspection Times for this sub code have also changed from Monday and Wednesdays to Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday from 1 to 3 pm.
- 234 Harrison Avenue sub-division now has three homes where one had formerly been.
- We have had five foreclosure houses which had become an eyesore which have been restored or rebuilt to current codes and families are enjoying our town.
- There is continued repair and remodeling going on in the community. Many items which formerly needed permits may be done without getting a permit i.e. roofing, siding and cabinet replacements. This is a saving to the homeowner and relieves the town of having to make sure the contractor is performing the jobs correctly.
The Planning Board met 4 times this year. The Board discussed and approved the Fair Share Housing Plan. It began work on the Re-examination of the Master Plan and tried to work out the problems with parking on the Boulevard. There was one extension of a prior approval for a sub division. A new sub three plot division was granted There was one informal hearing on 452-454 Boulevard which is a commercial site. There were no notices for this meeting and therefore no roll call vote or resolution.
TAPinto Hasbrouck Heights/Wood-Ridge/Teterboro is Hasbrouck Heights, Wood-Ridge and Teterboro’s free daily news source, and is the official newspaper of the Hasbrouck Heights Board of Education and Hasbrouck Heights Borough Council.
Sign up for our FREE daily eNews.