BRANT BEACH - The Long Beach Island Shuttle, an extremely popular service for visitors and residents of Long Beach Island, will have a fee for the first time beginning Memorial Day weekend.
The Long Beach Township Board of Commissioners made the announcement at their meeting on Monday, April 9.
Here is the overview on the fees:
- One-way shuttle rides from 10 a.m. to 10 p.m. will cost $2, or passengers can pay $5 for unlimited rides until 10 p.m.
- After 10 p.m., a one-way ride will be $5, or riders can pay $10 for unlimited rides until the shuttles stop operating.
Riders must have exact change to purchase a ticket.
The hours of the shuttle will be increased this summer.
- Sunday through Wednesday, the shuttle will run until 11 p.m.
- Thursday and Friday until 1:30 a.m.
- Saturday night will run until about 2:30 a.m.