NEW JERSEY — Alaska and Montana were added to the Garden State's travel advisory list Tuesday.
Travelers from those states and 28 others are required to self-quarantine for a minimum of 14 days upon arrival.
Three territories (Guam, Puerto Rico and the Virgin Islands) are also on the list.
The travel advisory applies to anyone arriving from a state with a COVID-19 positive test rate higher than 10 per 100,000 residents or a state with a 10% or higher positivity rate over a seven-day rolling average.
The advisory includes travel by train, bus, car, plane and other methods of transportation.
Travelers and those residents who are returning from impacted states should self-quarantine at their home, hotel, or other temporary lodging. Individuals should leave the place of self-quarantine only to seek medical care/treatment or to obtain food and other essential items.
The state is asking travelers to complete a voluntary online survey to provide information about where you are traveling from and your destination if you have traveled to, or are returning from, one of the states that has been designated above.
Access the survey by visiting covid19.nj.gov/njtravel or texting "NJTRAVEL" to 898211.
In August, Arizona, Delaware, Maryland, New Mexico, Ohio, Rhode Island, Washington and the District of Columbia were removed.
Exceptions (per Gov. Phil Murphy's office) for the recommendation are individuals that meet the following criteria:
- Who passed through a designated state for a period of limited duration (i.e. less than 24 hours) through the course of travel.
- Who are passing through New Jersey on a layover for a period of limited duration (i.e. less than 24 hours) through the course of travel.
- Who are traveling to New Jersey for business matters that are exempted from the application of the travel advisory.
- Who are traveling to New Jersey and work in critical infrastructure fields, such as health care and federal, state and local law enforcement. Consult with your employer regarding whether there is industry-specific guidance that may apply to you.
The states/territories considered under advisory include:
- Alabama (added 6/24/20)
- Alaska (re-added 9/1/20)
- Arkansas (added 6/24/20)
- California (added 6/30/20)
- Florida (added 6/24/20)
- Georgia (added 6/30/20)
- Guam (added 8/25/20)
- Hawaii (added 8/11/20)
- Idaho (added 6/30/20)
- Iowa (added 6/30/20)
- Illinois (added 7/28/20)
- Indiana (added 7/21/20)
- Kansas (added 7/7/20)
- Kentucky (added 7/28/20)
- Louisiana (added 6/30/20)
- Minnesota (re-added 7/28/20)
- Mississippi (added 6/30/20)
- Missouri (added 7/21/20)
- Montana (re-added 9/1/20)
- Nebraska (added 7/21/20)
- Nevada (added 6/30/20)
- North Carolina (added 6/24/20)
- North Dakota (added 7/21/20)
- Oklahoma (added 7/7/20)
- Puerto Rico (added 7/28/20)
- South Carolina (added 6/24/20)
- South Dakota (added 8/11/20)
- Tennessee (added 6/30/20)
- Texas (added 6/24/20)
- Utah (added 6/24/20)
- Virginia (added 7/21/20)
- Virgin Islands (added 8/11/20)
- Wisconsin (added 7/14/20)