HAWTHORNE, NJ - According to the Hawthorne Police Department, a woman was arrested and charged with multiple drug violations after an officer spotted a vehicle parked illegally, obstructing traffic during the morning of July 30.
An officer noticed a white 2008 Infiniti G35 improperly parked on Central Avenue at approximately 11:09 a.m. and approached the car, finding Kristy Carroll, a 33 year old from Belleville, NJ, sitting in the passenger seat. According to the police, she said she was waiting for her boyfriend, Karum Anzour, 32 of Prospect Park, who was in a nearby house. The officer noticed "track marks" on her body and noted that she appeared nervous. When asked if she had "anything illegal on her or in the car", she said no.
A K-9 was requested and, after arriving, indicated that there was, in fact, something. Following a search of the vehicle, prescription drugs and hypodermic needles were recovered. During this time, Anzour appeared from a house and officers found he had a suspended license.
Carroll was arrested and charged with the following:
- 1604 S 2019 000205 / Possession of Prescription Drug Under (4) Doses/2C:35-10.5A(1)
- 1604 S 2019 000205 / Possession of Hypodermic Syringes/2C:36-6A
- 1604 S 2019 000205 / Possession of Drug Paraphernalia/2C:36-2
- 1604 E19 002168 / Parking Prohibited/39:4-138
- 1604 E19 002171 / Operation of a MV While in Possession of a Narcotic/39:4-49.1
- 1604 E19 002172 / Allowing a Suspended Driver to Operate a MV/39:3-39(B)
Let your voice to be heard, submit a letter to the editor of TAPinto Hawthorne
Sign up to receive FREE TAPinto news in your email inbox: https://www.tapinto.net/subscriptions/new