Top Rated Preschool Seeks Highly Qualified Teachers
Posted January 21, 2021
Gilmore Memorial Preschool is seeking two qualified Preschool Teachers to prepare students for Kindergarten by easing them into organized education. You will teach them essential elements that they will encounter soon after they enter Kindergarten and beyond. A preschool teacher must have great love and patience for our students.
Qualifications needed to teach them effectively include knowledge of best practices and preschool educational methods, engaging them, and earning their trust and attention. The goal is to contribute to the child's healthy mental and emotional development to more easily acclimate to the next level of education. The preschool teacher must also be innovative and adaptable to provide age-appropriate, high-quality onsite and remote learning to all students.
1. Must have a New Jersey Teacher Certification with P-3 Endorsement
2. Plan and prepare lesson plans on how students develop and learn to use New Jersey's Preschool Standards and the Creative Curriculum Objectives.
3. Knowledgeable and understanding the Creative Curriculum.
4. Understand and utilize My Teaching Strategies Gold Assessment online, effectively, prepare, and submit according to administrative guidelines by checkpoint periods.
5. Interact with children through instructional methods to include the Areas of Development and Learning: Social-Emotional Development, Physical Development, Language Development, and Cognitive Development. Literacy, Mathematics, Science and Technology, Social Studies, and The Arts.
6. Understand and knowledgeable about using technology in the classroom.
7. Understand and implement ECERS-3 Environment Standards
8. The ability to work collaboratively with staff, administration, and families.
9. The ability to communicate effectively in English, both orally and in writing, with faculty, students, parents, administrators, and the community
10. Maintain a healthy, safe, clean, and loving environment.
11. Oversee and facilitate the classroom environment's general safety and activities to include outside play and bathroom time.
12. Assist with all completing assigned projects and enhancing learning skills, including participating in the Preschool's Professional Learning Community (PLC).
13. Design and maintain a classroom climate to include visual aids related to curriculum and age/stage of development.
14. Monitor talents, special abilities, disabilities, deficiencies, or problems of each child, document issues/ concerns as needed in the logbook, and notify the educational leaders.
15. Promote and foster each child's positive self-esteem and individual development toward the fullest potential in the areas of physical, social, emotional, and cognitive growth.
16. Submit assessment reports on a timely basis.
17. Establish and maintain a positive interpersonal relationship with all children, fellow staff, and parents/ guardians.
18. Assist students with personal care activities to include toileting, feeding, and cleanliness needs about age/ stage of development.
19. Work closely with classroom leaders in a team-teaching atmosphere for classroom lessons/activities and regularly share pertinent information, suggestions, or ideas.
20. Assist in the daily supervision of Partners (Instructional Assistants)
21. Participate in weekly scheduled team-teaching meetings.
22. Attend in-service training, conference, staff meetings, and parent meeting as required.
23. Write summaries of daily activities and provide parents/ guardians with documentation.
24. Participate in community events and group memberships, meetings, and conferences.
25. Maintain accurate and current attendance records and other related paperwork.
26. Adhere to all established policies, procedures, and codes of ethics.
27. Perform other related duties as assigned.
Oral Communications Skills
Ability to perform tasks related to the physical care of children.
Education/ Training Degree:
Bachelor of Arts
NJ Standard P3 Certification
Early childhood education experience required.
Full-time Pay: $54,375.00 per year
COVID-19 considerations: We will screen staff and children for fever and other COVID-19 symptoms before entering the program facility each day. Staff are required to wear cloth masks while working. Children are encouraged to wear masks
Mrs. Elizabeth Scruggs