HAWTHORNE, NJ - The Hawthorne Chamber of Commerce and Classic Car Show Committee paired up with the Farmer's Market by the Louis Bay 2nd Library on Sunday to host its 8th annual Classic Car Show. The event brought in extraordinary pieces of vehicular grace, muscle, and style from contestants around the area while a DJ played music throughout the hot, sunny occasion. Adjacent the show, the Farmer's Market was conducting sprightly business, with vendors hawking fresh fruits and vegetables to residents.
"We appreciate the support of Mayor Goldberg, the Louis Bay 2nd Library, the Hawthorne Police Department and the Hawthorne DPW," Robert Meier of the Hawthorne Chamber of Commerce and President and Hawthorne Farmers’ Market Manager said in a joint statement with Fred Viaud of the Classic Car Show Committee.
They further thanked the sponsors, Glen Rock Savings Bank and Hawthorne Industrial Radiator. "Thank you to Vince Margherita and Joe Metzler for their guidance. In addition to our regular vendors, refreshments were available from Premio Foods. Thank you to Scully’s Ice and Downes Tree Service for their support. Thank you to our volunteers and judges that helped out during the day. We could not put on this event without everyone’s help."
One hundred and fifteen cars, trucks, and motorcycles were registered with the car show, with vehicles entering the competitions for particular classes. "We know they enjoy our show and feel welcomed by the Hawthorne community. Just seeing all the families admiring the vehicles and listening to music of yesteryear makes it all worth it."
Category - Owner - Vehicle
- 1930 and prior - Lee Kievit - 1929 Ford Model A Shay Roadster
- 1931-50 - Maggie Boyd - 1948 Plymouth Coupe
- 1951-60 - John Goode - 1957 Chevy Bel Air
- 1961-69 - David Main - 1968 Chevy Corvair
- 1970-83 - Arnold DeMasi - 1976 Pontiac Grand Prix SJ
- Foreign - Jim Van Genderen - 1959 MG MGA Coupe
- Custom - Joe Goceljak - 1968 Pontiac Firebird
- Truck - Wayne Boyd - 1952 Chevy 3100
- Corvette - Tony Brienza - 1966 Chevy Corvette
- Muscle Car - Joe [surname not provided] - 1969 Dodge Dart
- Motorcycle - Len Oppelaar - 2003 Harley Davidson FXDL – Dyna Low Rider
- Non-Classified - Rory [surname not provided] - 1912 Ford C-Cab
- BEST IN SHOW - Howard Mintz - 2006 Ford GT
Let your voice to be heard, submit a letter to the editor of TAPinto Hawthorne
Sign up to receive FREE TAPinto news in your email inbox: https://www.tapinto.net/subscriptions/new