Louis Bay 2nd Library in Hawthorne is opening for curbside pick up on Wednesday, June 24.
Patron requests for materials may be submitted in the following ways:
- Online through the BCCLS catalog (preferred)
- By phone to the Circulation (x15), Reference (x17), or Children’s Desk (x20)
- By email to the Reference Desk
The following restrictions will be in place for patron requests:
- Only Hawthorne cards may be used to request items
- Only Hawthorne items are eligible to be requested with Hawthorne cards
- All materials may be requested, except digital reading devices and board games
- All materials must be returned the Hawthorne Library via the book drop at the front entrance on Lafayette Avenue.
Requested items will be checked out to the patron prior to pick up.
If the items cannot be checked out prior to pick up because of a problem with the patron’s account, the patron will be notified and the problem must be corrected before the items can be checked out.
Picking Up Requests
Pick Up Times:
Monday through Thursday: 11:00 am – 7:00 pm
Friday: 11:00 am – 5:30 pm
Patrons may reasonably expect that their holds will be available within 2 hours of requesting them; they are welcome to call for confirmation before coming to the Library.
Patrons will approach the Library from the lower parking lot, queueing up on the sidewalk at the external door of Meeting Room A, extending past the flag and eyeglass collection bins, and into the upper parking lot if necessary.
Once acknowledged by a staff member, the patron will be asked to confirm tThe Last Name of the patron for whom the holds were placed and the last 4 digits of the patron’s library barcode number for whom the holds were placed.
The patron will be given a bag containing the requested items.
Items not picked up by the close of business on the second day following the day the request was fulfilled, will be discharged from the patron’s account and returned to the circulating collection.