PROSPECT PARK, NJ - The borough has taken a step towards a new first, adapting to the demands and challenges of the coronavirus pandemic: outdoor dining. "We are committed to supporting our businesses and their operations under unprecedented circumstances," Mayor Mohamed Khairullah said. "The governing body and I will take all steps necessary to ensure customers return to local businesses and that we return to business as normal as possible as quickly as possible."
"Prospect Park has never previously had outdoor dining until this legislation, which shows how our governing body under the leadership of Mayor Khairullah is always looking to improve and assist our business community," Borough Administrator Intashan Chowdhury said.
The legislation followed the adoption of Resolution 2020-69 at the Monday, June 15, council meeting. The resolution authorizes "temporary outdoor dining and displays on the sidewalk pursuant to the Executive Order 150 set forth by the Governor and Executive Directive 20-014 set forth by the State of NJ Department of Health."
Businesses which are so inclined are advised to review the resolution, Governor Murphy's executive order, and the Department of Health Executive Directive before submitting an application to the Prospect Park Building Department/Zoning Officer for review. "Please be advised all fees are waived and the Zoning Officer reserves the right to review, provide feedback, and authorize pursuant to the Resolution passed by the Borough," Chowdhury said.
The documents businesses will need to submit include an application with signed hold-harmless agreement, a drawing of the proposed location on the property for tables and chairs, and a certificate of insurance which names the Borough of Prospect Park as an additional insured.
Those with questions are directed to contact email@example.com or (973) 790-7902 ext 524.