HILLSBOROUGH, NJ - Homeowners can gift themselves with lower property taxes by obtaining and using the Shop Hillsborough Reward Card at several dozen businesses throughout the township during the holiday season.
Shop Hillsborough Saturday, Nov. 28 kicks off the holiday promotion, which combines savings and locally-convenient shopping.
Present your Shop Hillsborough Reward Card to a participating merchant at the time of purchase and a property credit will automatically be applied to your property tax bill.
For those who are not property owners, the program offers an annual rebate check based on purchases using the card.
To get started, stop by the Administration Office in the Municipal Building, 379 South Branch Road to pick up a card. Office hours are Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m
More information is available at this link:
Merchants are encouraged to join the Rewards program, which offers several advantages:
- Higher sales (studies show a 4.6% average increase sales when you have a Reward Program)
- Higher Customer Retention (studies show a 14.5% average increase in customer retention when using a Reward program)
- Captive, highly motivated audience (town residents looking to reduce their property taxes)
- Free advertising
- Free resources (e.g. you have access to email addresses of customers using the Shop Hillsborough card at your place of business)
- For more information about the Shop Hillsborough Program, please contact Business Advocate David Kois at firstname.lastname@example.org