HILLSBOROUGH, NJ - The Township Parks & Recreation Department is encouraging homeowners to light up the town and their neighborhoods in the first annual "Best Decorated House in Hillsborough Contest."
Besides bragging rights, the winner will be awarded a gift card.
There's just 3 simple things to do:
- Decorate your yard and/or home for the holidays.
- Submit a picture of your yard or home's exterior (window displays are fine as long as you can see them from the street), your name and your street address to email@example.com
- Sit back and watch as your fellow residents enjoy your decorations from the safety of their vehicle.
Here are some rules and guidelines:
- All submissions need to be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org by Sunday, Dec. 6 and must include your name, street address and photo of your festive display.
- Decorations should be holiday themed and family friendly.
- Lights and decorations should be on display from 5-9 p.m,
- Expect an increase in traffic outside your home during the voting period of Dec. 8-20.
- Participants viewing homes should remain in their vehicles or the sidewalk, if on foot. Please do not ring anybody's doorbell.
- A list of participating homes and a voting link will be on the Parks & Recreation website www.hillsboroughnjrecreation.org by 4:30 p.m. on Dec. 7. The voting link will close on Dec. 20.
Have fun, get creative and enjoy the wonderful holiday lights displays throughout Hillsborough with this safe and socially distant activity.
Worried you may not get a chance to speak with Santa directly this winter?
Have no fear as Hillsborough Parks & Recreation has a special mailbox; each letter that gets dropped in will be sent directly to Santa at the North Pole.
Each night leading up to Christmas, Santa will send one of his elves to stop by his mailbox to pick up each letter so Santa can start working on all the presents.
Santa is happy to write back, but letters must be received in the mailbox by Friday, Dec.11.
- Santa's Mailbox is located inside the Municipal Building, 379 South Branch Road.
- Sample letters are available at Santa's mailbox or click HERE for a copy
- No postage necessary
- All letters received by December 11 are guaranteed a response from Santa. Be sure to include your mailing address.