HILLSBOROUGH, NJ - The purchase of $1.65 million in firefighting equipment will be decided by voters on Thursday, Oct. 12 from 2 to 9 p.m.at the township municipal building.
Voting will take place at the Hillsborough Municipal Complex, 379 South Branch Road.
The commissioners of Fire District No 1 are seeking approval of five capital projects:
- $725,000 for the purchase of a fire pumper truck for Station #38;
- $725,000 for the purchase of a fire pumper/tanker for Station #37;
- $75,000 for the purchase of two fire support vehicles;
- $75,000 for the purchase of firefighter turnout gear;
- $50,000 for the purchase of two rescue boats.