HILLSBOROUGH, NJ - The Township Health Department will host the annual Free Rabies Vaccination Clinic on Saturday Jan. 23rd from 10 a.m.-noon.
The clinic will be held at the Department of Public Works facility, located at 21 East Mountain Road. The clinic is for dogs and cats and will be held weather permitting.
“Prevention is the best protection against rabies. Keeping your pets up to date on their rabies vaccination will prevent them from contracting it from wildlife and further prevent possible transmission to your family,” said Committeewoman Janine Erickson, liaison to the Health Department.
The following guidelines are in place to ensure everyone's safety at the clinic:
● Download the registration form from the Township website and complete two (2) copies of the form for each animal attending the clinic prior to arrival;
● Facial coverings must be worn and social distancing (six feet) must be maintained at all times;
● All dogs must be on a short, sturdy leash and must be under the control of their owner at all times;
● Owners must pick up after their dog;
● Cats must be in a carrier;
● Only one owner at a time will be permitted into the building with the veterinarian.
For questions check with the Hillsborough Health Department website, or call (908) 369-5652.