HILLSBOROUGH, NJ – All six township elementary public schools will hold kindergarten registration for the 2018-2019 school year on Tuesday, March 6 and Wednesday, March 7.
Registration will take place during the morning at each elementary school and in the evening by appointment only at the Board of Education conference room located in the Hillsborough Municipal Building, 379 South Branch Road.
Each elementary school’s registration details, as well as the registration packet, are available on the district website, www.htps.us.
Those who are unsure of their zoned elementary school may contact the district’s Transportation Department at (908) 431-6600, prompt 6 for details.
All children who reside in Hillsborough and were born on or before Oct. 1, 2013, are eligible to register for kindergarten for the 2018-2019 school year. A birth certificate (original preferred), immunization records and residency documentation are required at the time of registration.
Parents may also register their kindergarten-aged child for the Children at Play Program lottery during kindergarten registration. The CAP Program is a tuition, thematic-based, play-centered program designed to provide parents with an option to extend the second half of their child’s day in school. For additional information regarding the CAP Program, please visit www.htps.us/CAP.
Registration information for Hillsborough’s elementary schools is below. The telephone number for all elementary schools is (908) 431-6600 prompt 4.
- Amsterdam Elementary School, 301 Amsterdam Drive, Dr. Mary Ann Mullady, principal. Registration on both days is from 8-11 a.m., last names A-L March 6 and M-Z March 7.
- Sunnymead Elementary School, 55 Sunnymead Road, Dr. Tammy Jenkins, principal. Registration both days, 9 a.m.-noon. Please call for an appointment.
- Woodfern Elementary School, 425 Woodfern Road, Steven Kerrigan, principal. Registration both days, 9 a.m.-noon. Please call for an appointment.
- Hillsborough Elementary School, 435 Route 206, Susan Eckstein, principal. Registration both days 9 a.m.-noon. Please call for an appointment.
- Triangle Elementary School 156 South Triangle Road, Lisa Heisel, principal. Registration both days, 8-11 a.m., last names A-L March 6, M-Z March 7.
- Woods Road Elementary School 401 South Woods Road, Jodi Howe, principal Registration 9 a.m.-noon both days, last names A-L, March 6, M-Z, March 7.