HILLSBOROUGH, NJ - The township's official website as been redesigned to take advantage of improved technology which results in enhanced accessibility and easier access to answers for commonly asked questions.
“With the use of technology becoming increasingly present in the average household, the need for easily accessible information grows along as well," said Deputy Mayor Gloria McCauley, Township Committee liaison to Information Technology.
Municipal websites continue to be one of the most important tools for residents to obtain needed information about their township within the comfort of their own homes, according to McCauley.
Some of the improvements include:
- the drop down menus have been restructured to reflect a more user friendly experience;
- the ‘How do I...’ tab is one of the newest additions to the Municipal Website; it is where some of the most commonly requested website information can be located, whether a resident is trying to find a form (OPRA request, marriage licenses or employment form; subscribe to the Mayor’s Newsletter, make online payments, or contact a member of the Township Committee, this tab makes the information easily accessible.
- In addition to the ‘How do I…’ section, there are links for Shop Hillsborough, the Affinity Rewards Credit Card Program and the Seasonal Activity Guide.
- For new residents, the Swift911 Notification system link is easily accessible to sign up and receive important safety announcements, such as emergency information during a storm. In addition, the links to press releases and the updated events calendar makes sure residents will never miss the date of township events and activities.
- An easily accessible YouTube link also allows residents to catch up on the latest episode of “Hillsborough, the Good Life” or watch Township Committee meetings or Planning Board meetings from the comfort of a home computer.
The website address is www.hillsborough-nj.org.