Education

No Cost to Hillsborough Taxpayers if March 8 Schools Referendum is Approved

2e902b694697bee68fd2_hillspixhsfootballfield.jpg
Theartificial turf at the Raiders' football field is in need of replacement. Credits: Courtesy Hillsborough Township Public Schools
666d80e385e759d614c6_hillspixschoolslogo.jpg
9273df6d36663171c229_hillspixponding.jpg
Repaving and drainage work will improve safety in the parking lot at Hillsborough Middle School. Credits: Courtesy Hillsborough Township Public Schools
2e902b694697bee68fd2_hillspixhsfootballfield.jpg

HILLSBOROUGH, NJ – Dr. Jorden Schiff, superintendent of township schools, will make a presentation to the township committee at Tuesday night’s meeting in support of a March 8 referendum that will pay for facility improvements at Hillsborough High School and Hillsborough Middle School.

Taxpayers will not be impacted by the $2,034,509 spending plan. The district will pay 60 percent of the project costs from a capital reserve account, with the remaining 40 percent provided by the state.

The referendum must pass in order for the school district to secure the state funds.

Sign Up for E-News

The money will be spent on two projects:

Hillsborough High School – The artificial turf field at Hilsborough High School is near the end of its useful life. and must be replaced to ensure safe playing conditions for the school’s varisty and junior varsity athletes, physical education students and youth recreation teams. The new artificial surface will keep maintenance costs low while allowing for continuous daily use.

Hillsborough Middle School – Parking lot repairs will include paving, drainage upgrades, and traffic control improvements. The upgrades will prevent ponding and frozen surfaces and allow middle school students to be picked up and ddropped off at the middle school rather than neighboring Triangle Elementary School.

Polls are open from 7 a.m.-9 p.m.

Further information is available online at www.htps.us/referendum2016 or by calling (908) 431-6600, ext. 3316.

Polling locations and voting districts per the Consolidated School District listing follows:

CSD 10-01 1, 3, 8, 10, 21 - Municipal Building

CSD 10-02 24, 26, 28, 29, 30 - Municipal Building

CSD 10-03 2, 4, 12, 13, 14 - Mary, Mother of God

CSD 10-04 15, 16, 17, 19, 23 -  Mary, Mother of God

CSD 10-05 31, 32, 33 - Hillsborough High School

CSD 10-06 5, 6, 7 - Hillsborough Middle School

CSD 10-07 18, 20, 22 - Hillsborough High School

CSD 10-08 9, 11, 25, 27- Volunteer Fire Co. No. 3

TAP Into Another Town's News:

You May Also Be Interested In

Sign Up for E-News

Hillsborough

Park Commission Celebrates Arbor Day wth Free Tree Giveaway

April 17, 2018

BRIDGEWATER, NJ – Native trees will be given away free by the Somerset County Park Commission at two locations to celebrate Arbor Day.

Trees will be distributed on Friday, April 27 from 9 a.m.-4 p.m. at the Environmental Education Center (EEC) located at 190 Lord Stirling Road in Basking Ridge, and the Rudolf W. van der Goot Rose Garden located at Colonial Park, Parking Lot A, 156 ...

Hunterdon Podiatric Medicine Now Part of Hunterdon Healthcare

April 11, 2018

Hunterdon Podiatric Medicine, formerly known as Dr. Steven M. Dribbon, DPM, became part of the Hunterdon Medical Group, a specialty practice owned and operated by Hunterdon Healthcare, as of April 1.

Dr. Dribbon, a board-certified foot and ankle surgeon, will continue to offer superior medical and surgical care of the feet, foot trauma, emergencies and sports medicine for both children and ...