SOMERVILLE, NJ - Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital/Somerset has revised visitation guidelines in response to the Coronavirus (COVID-19), according to a notice on its website
The revisions apply to all facilities in the RWJUH/Barnabas health system throughout New Jersey.
"The safety and well-being of our patients, visitors and staff is our number one priority. Please be aware of the following newly revised guidelines before visiting one of our hospitals or healthcare facilities:"
- All visitors will be screened for the following and may not be allowed to visit or stay in the building based on the results:
- Recent international travel history
- Recent domestic travel to areas with widespread COVID-19 infection
- Contact with individuals with known COVID-19
- Cold or flu-like symptoms
In addition, all visitors should wash their hands with soap and water or use hand sanitizer before and after visiting.
The following temporary visiting restrictions are in place at all of our hospitals and health facilities:
- No visitors under the age of 16 will be permitted
- Visitation is limited to one person per visit in the following areas:
- All adult medical and behavioral health inpatient units
- All Labor & Delivery units (only significant other or support persons can visit)
- All Emergency Departments
Visitation is limited to two people per visit in the following areas:
- All Pediatric units (only parents and guardians can visit)
- All Nurseries and Neonatal Intensive Care Units (only parents and support persons can visit)
The following temporary visiting restrictions are in place at all of our outpatient facilities:
- Visitation is limited to one person per appointment, (two for pediatrics) unless an aide or assistant is required.
- In addition, gatherings of family members, friends and other acquaintances of the patient in family lounges, waiting areas, the lobby, cafeterias or restaurants on campus will not be allowed.