To truly be a community bank, a local branch must immerse itself in the day-to-day activities of its hometown. For Kearny Bank, this certainly is the case in Hoboken.
A recent Kearny Bank audit of community, charitable, and volunteer activities identified a broad range of initiatives in which the Hoboken branch is directly involved, despite several pandemic-related pauses. These include:
- Sponsoring a fundraising event benefiting Hoboken Historical Museum
- Staff volunteering to make sandwiches for the Hoboken Homeless Shelter, in conjunction with the Rotary Club of Hoboken
- Ongoing sponsorship of Mile Square Theater
- Staff volunteering as instructors for Hoboken High School financial literacy courses
- Staging virtual seminars for first-time homebuyers
- Serving as a sponsor of the Hoboken Arts & Music Festival
- Sponsoring fundraisers to benefit the United Synagogue of Hoboken
- Hosting tours of the branch by local Girl Scout troops
- Ongoing participation in the Hoboken Chamber of Commerce
“I want residents of Hoboken, as well as our local businesses, to look at our branch and think of us as their community bank,” explains Rebekah Ortiz, the branch’s Assistant Vice President / Retail Relationship Manager, who was born and raised in Hoboken. “That’s absolutely what we are. We want them turning to us for all their banking needs, specifically because they know we really care about our community and the people who live here.”
Further elevating the Hoboken branch’s status as a true community banker is a strong commitment to local hiring, which is a hallmark of all Kearny Bank locations. As an example, Universal Banker I Judith Sanchez-Sierra is a resident of Hoboken.
About Kearny Bank
Seamlessly melding the finest traditions of community banking with state-of-the-industry capabilities, Kearny Bank provides a range of progressive offerings to its personal and business banking clients. Established in 1884, and operating now from administrative headquarters in Fairfield, NJ, Kearny Bank is steadily expanding its footprint throughout New Jersey, as well as New York City’s Brooklyn and Staten Island boroughs. Additional details are available online at kearnybank.com; an overview video can be viewed at bit.ly/2IUWeWJ.