HOBOKEN, NJ - On Monday Governor Phil Murphy announced that New Jersey’s school would remain closed for the rest of the academic year. Not only was the announcement one that many expected, it was also one, according to Superintendent Dr. Christine Johnson told TAPinto Hoboken, the Hoboken school district has been preparing for.
Johnson said that when school first shut their doors in March they planned “a multi-phased plan for remote learning.” Since then, teachers and support staff have worked to implement that plan, “ensuring that they were available to assist children and families.”
During this current phase of the plan, Johnson added, Hoboken’s public schools are, through a combination of Class Dojo and Google Classroom, offering live instruction, recorded instruction, and teacher office hours to all students.
“In any massive undertaking such as this, glitches are bound to happen,” Johnson said. “However, we are continuously taking input from teachers and feedback from parents in order to best serve all students.”
Also offering his comments on the decision to close schools was Mayor Ravi Bhalla who said it was the “prudent thing to do.”
“We need to do everything we can to protect our children, parents and educators, and this will ensure we do not unnecessarily jeopardize their health and safety.”
Know a story we should share with readers? Email editor Steve Lenox and tell him about it.