HOLMDEL, NJ: There was a beautiful, sweet, funny, happy little girl, full of love, who lived in Holmdel. Her cute little voice, chubby cherub cheeks and infectious laughter brought so many smiles to the world. She was healthy and active, and almost 3 years old, when unexpectedly and tragically, without any known reason, she fell asleep while watching TV in her family's home and never woke up.
You can hear from Vienna's mommy Dr. Denise Wunderler Savino here in this interview:
Every parent's worst nightmare came true for Denise and Michael, both physicians themselves, they had never heard of Sudden Unexplained Death in Childhood (SUDC). Now, unfortunately, they are experts on the subject. Vienna's beautiful life is being honored and remembered this week at a special SUDC fundraiser at Bell Works in Holmdel, 101 Crawford's Corner Road. The iconic transistor shaped water tower in front of Bell Works will be lit up pink on January 19th, Vienna's 6th birthday💗 Pink is Vienna's favorite color.
WHAT: Vienna’s 6th Heavenly Birthday Fundraiser
-FREE candy, Vienna’s fave chips, “Songs for Vienna” music CDs, Vienna roses, kids books; Team Vienna t-shirts and The Vienna Collection designer handbags for sale; tricky tray and online auction
WHO: Team Vienna, Escapology, OasisVRX, Swing Loose Indoor Golf, The Gathering Shops, Lauren Farrell NY
WHEN: Jan 19 and 20, 2021 (Tues/Wed)—the Bell Works tower will be PINK on Vienna’s birthday, Jan 19!
WHERE: Bell Works, 101 Crawfords Corner Road, in Holmdel, 07733
WHY: Because SUDC (Sudden Unexplained Death in Childhood) can happen to ANY FAMILY, it is barely known in the world among the medical community and general public (essentially, SIDS Part 2), and there is NO federal funding for SUDC-focused research
This is a fundraiser for Team Vienna’s mission to support SUDC genetic research at Boston Children’s Hospital, as part of the Robert’s Program. Vienna and her family are enrolled in this study to hopefully gain answers as to why Vienna and other kids died unexpectedly.
GOAL: Support as many SUDC families as possible to complete genetic testing, therefore increasing data to uncover causes of SUDC and preventing this horrible tragedy from happening to other families.
*Every $3000 raised makes the sequencing possible for one family triad (mom, dad, deceased child).
THERE ARE MANY OPTIONS TO SUPPORT THE FUNDRAISER:
- DONATE to Team Vienna, via Todd’s Facebook fundraiser https://vienna.team/how-to-help OR https://bidpri.com/TeamVienna OR https://www.gofundme.com/f/team-vienna-4-sudc-awareness-inc-501c3-nonprofit , Venmo (@Denise-Wunderler), Check (Team Vienna, 210 W. Front St, Ste 209, Stephy’s Place, Red Bank, NJ 07701)
- Visit OASISVRX any day during the month of January- mention VIENNA, to book online www.oasisvrx.com/new-booking-experience/
- Visit THE GATHERING SHOPS in store Jan 19/20 OR online www.thegatheringshops.com Checkout Code: VIENNA
- Visit ESCAPOLOGY Jan 19/20, to book online www.escapology.com, scroll to Holmdel, click book now, Checkout Code: TEAMVIENNA
- Visit SWING LOOSE INDOOR GOLF Jan 19/20, to book online http://www.swingloosegolf.com then click book now
- Shop online anytime: LAUREN FARRELL NEW YORK’s The Vienna Collection, designer handbags, https://laurenfarrellny.com/collections/introducing-the-vienna-collection
- TRICKY TRAY- Every Saturday and Sunday, AND Jan 19/20 at OasisVRX at Bell Works; Drawings Wed, Jan 20, 6pm; Do not need to be present to win
- HIGH END ONLINE AUCTION- https://bidpri.com/TeamVienna, ends Wed Jan 20
“We are already seeing the value of advancing our understanding of SUDC beyond neuropathological findings and including genetics in our analysis. Every day we become more able to provide bereaved parents with answers to why their child died and counsel them about risks for associated diseases or recurrence in their family.” Dr. Richard Goldstein, Principal Investigator of the Robert’s Program, Boston Children’s Hospital
What is SUDC? *Sudden Unexplained Death in Childhood
*SUDC is a category of death in kids 1-18 years old, where the unexpected death is still unexplained after a thorough investigation, including an autopsy, medical record review and death scene investigation.
*Essentially, this is SIDS Part 2, but in kids older than 1 year of age to 18 years old
*Healthy sweet toddler Vienna Carly Savino tragically died at 2.8 years old on 11-12-17. She fell asleep while watching TV at home in Holmdel, NJ and never woke up. More than 3 years later, there is still no explanation.
About Team Vienna 4 SUDC Awareness Inc.
*Team Vienna 4 SUDC Awareness Inc. is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit based out of Red Bank, NJ. Its mission is awareness/education and research support for SUDC while honoring Vienna Carly Savino. Dr. Denise Wunderler (Vienna's mom), a sports medicine physician and USA Volleyball team physician, founded her family’s nonprofit on what should have been Vienna’s 4th birthday on January 19, 2019.
*Tax ID #83-3385010
*Team Vienna is a proud co-founding nonprofit of The SUDC Coalition.
About The SUDC Coalition
*The SUDC Coalition is a pending 501(c)(3) nonprofit, that is a new collective organization of non-profits, parents, physicians, researchers and advocates working together to accelerate SUDC awareness and research. Dr. Denise Wunderler (Vienna’s mom) and Candice Nelson (Vail’s mom), president of The Vail Project in Colorado, are the co-founders.
Thank you! From Vienna’s family