Joe Hammer - Educational leadership with integrity
Holmdel Schools are changing dramatically with the implementation of the $40M Holmdel 2020 Initiative. Strong, principled leadership is needed to ensure the continued success of the Holmdel schools.
Joe Hammer is the leader that we need for Holmdel’s Board of Education. He has three children in the school district and is dedicated to improving the education of all the children of Holmdel.
Specifically, he is focusing on three key areas of improvement:
1. Expand Students’ Career and College opportunities by
• Improving college/career counseling by student advisors
• Improving our students’ college preparations by providing SAT/ACT prep courses
• Expanding career path concentrations by partnering with business leaders and universities on internship opportunities
2. Keeping taxes low –
• Keep taxes to less than a 2% increase and significantly lower than the current Budget 2019-20 increase of 3.25%
• Closely monitor Holmdel 2020 deployments to ensure on-time and under budget
3. Improve Holmdel’s Rankings and retention of students
Holmdel deserves innovative and experienced leadership on the Board of Education and Joe Hammer has the depth and breadth needed for the position. He served as President of the Board of Education and has a proven track record of outstanding results.
• Initiated and successfully adopted the Holmdel 2020 Initiative to transform the district’s infrastructure to support our arts, athletics and academic aspirations.
• Achieved Top 10 NJ Schools Ranking by systematically improving Holmdel School District - Holmdel Ranked #7 in 2016 NJ Monthly High School Rankings
• Improved our students’ college and work force preparations with career path concentrations
• Minimized tax impact of Holmdel 2020 Initiative by over 30% from what the voters approved
• Revamped the safety of our schools by adding SRO and Class 3 police officers
• Improved our athletics (new stadium lighting, tennis courts), academics (computers) and arts (dance and music instructors) infrastructure.
• Refinanced our debt saving taxpayers thousands of dollars
• Implemented new Holmdel School District website
• Significantly increased public relations with 300% increase in press releases and journal articles
• Rebranded the school district with Innovate to Elevate mission
• Expanded community participation in Team Unify events resulting in Special Olympics funding
Joe Hammer is passionate about improving the community and keeping this school district performing as one of the top 10% districts in the state. With three children who have been in all four schools, he understands the merits/challenges of each school and is motivated to improve them.
Joe Hammer is a retired Air Force officer and currently works as an Exec VP of Business Development for AlefEdge. He brings extensive international, business and technical experience to the Board. As an active coach and volunteer for HYAA, HFC, St. Catharine’s Church, HFA, and HFEE, he is truly dedicated to this community. He understands the diverse requirements placed on our education system and how to achieve outstanding results.
Now is the time to have principled and experienced leaders who understand the personnel, programs and unique challenges of the Holmdel School District. Holmdel deserves the best and Joe Hammer will faithfully serve its parents, students and residents to the best of his abilities.
Vote for #1 on the ballot for Joe Hammer and to keep Holmdel schools #1!