On Leap Day, Feb 29th, Infinite Love for Kids Fighting Cancer (a Middletown non-profit 501(c)(3) organization) held their very first “Pocketbook Bingo” event to raise money to support families and fund research in the fight against childhood cancer. With over 330 attendees, everyone “Leapt for Love” over the designer handbags and basket raffles. Prizes included:
- 12 designer bags for Bingo game winners. Some brands included Coach, Marc Jacobs, Dooney + Bourke, Michael Kors, Kate Spade and more
- Over 80 amazing raffle baskets including a cash money tree, lottery ticket boards, wine baskets, Coach wallets and more
- A Grand Raffle Prize of a Louis Vuitton "Never Full" bag (retail value $1460) Sponsored by the Sandy Fund: http://sandyfund.com/
- A 50/50 cash prize of $1620!
The event sold out in hours, and those who are part of the Infinite Love Monthly Giver Club luckily had special access to early registrations and ticket sales. The response was overwhelming, with people still calling hours before the event started (even walked in) hoping for available tickets. Given the response, it is anticipated that next year’s event will be even bigger, and again Infinite Love’s Monthly Givers will get first dibs!
Andrea Verdone Gorsegner, Infinite Love’s Founder and President opened the event by sharing the organization’s mission- to raise awareness and fund research in regards to all things childhood cancer, but most importantly to support children and their families in their fight.
Choking back tears, Andrea bravely spoke of sweet, feisty, funny Angelina Edelman who recently passed away on February 21, 2020 after a long fought battle. All participated in a moment of silence for all children who have passed from childhood cancer, especially Maywood resident Angelina (forever 10), Middletown resident Luca Iacono (forever 11), Colts Neck resident Jude Walz (forever 6 months), Tinton Falls resident Hannah Duffy (forever 14), Highland Mills, NY resident Julianna Edel (forever 12) and finally Trumbull, CT resident Mia McCaffrey (forever 6-year-old daughter to Infinite Love's Vice President Jim McCaffrey).
Andrea also shared the story of local resident 3-year-old Max Holden whose family needs all of our help. Max's story and fundraising page can be found on the homepage of Infinite Love: https://www.infiniteloveforkidsfightingcancer.org/
The Infinite Love NJ Team who organized this event are: Jeana Bloodgood, Jeannine Burns, Sue Funck, Rachael Kanapka, Emily Nikoo and Linda Verdone. The event could not have happened without the generous support of the following sponsors:
- Gorsegner Brothers Hardwood Floors
- First Choice Heating & Cooling
- Willowmere Gardens LLC
- SF Systems Corporation
- Middletown Pediatric Dental
- Edison Heating & Cooling
- Clean Cut Fitness & Nutrition
- Shore Pediatric Dental Group
- Morrison Orthodontics
- Lines & Signs Inc.
- Adult & Child Footcare by William A. Sachs, D.P.M., FACFAS
- Salon Concrete
- Je T'aime Galleria
- Endless Urban
Thank you to all of those who attended! The final total raised is over $30,000. See you next year!