We're Hiring: Local Business Development Executive
Posted July 29, 2020
Summary: Prospects, introduces and signs local business accounts into TAPinto’s suite of marketing services.
- Actively prospect and manage local business clients to generate new contracted revenue
- Use audience sales strategies to capitalize on sales opportunities
- Maintain appropriate levels of activity to create a viable, ongoing funnel to deliver the desired levels of contracted revenue
- Directly responsible for achieving personal level of new clients and new contract revenue for TAPinto’s owner/publishers
- Utilize needs-based selling approach to understand and diagnose appropriate use of TAPinto’s products to meet customer needs and establish strong initial impression of TAPinto’s capabilities
- Provide input and feedback to management on what is working, what is not working and what is needed to succeed in the market place from a product perspective
- Challenge processes to maximize new business development and drive organizational improvement
- Maintain positive work environment
- Maintain confidentiality of information
- Be a visible face in the community and an active networker to develop relationships which will aid in business development and client satisfaction
Skills & Attributes:
Knowledge of products and business rules. Must have strong relationship building skills. Ability and desire to actively prospect new accounts in person and over the phone. Must possess excellent listening and communication skills in order to understand client needs. Must be able to survive and thrive in an environment of continual change and manage others through the change process.
Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, management or related field or equivalent work experience, plus three or more years in face to face sales experience. Strong communication skills. Ability to creatively develop solutions. Excellent organizational skills and thorough knowledge of online advertising. Demonstrated history of successful sales performance in a new business development role preferred. Must maintain valid driver’s license and be insurable. Prior book of business a plus.
Compensation: Base salary plus tiered commission and benefits, based on experience.