Concerns over COVID-19 could cause many closures and cancellations in Halston Media's Westchester County coverage area (Katonah, Lewisboro, North Salem, Somers and Yorktown). We'll keep you updated as we learn more from each town. To make us aware of a canceled or postponed event, email editor Jodi Weinberger at firstname.lastname@example.org
Click the links above to see updates from other towns. Here's the list for Katonah and Lewisboro:
The Heights at Brother Vic's: All April shows are canceled. If you have already purchased tickets, they will be automatically refunded.
The Wolf Conservation Center is temporarily closing to the public effective March 12 - 31 as a measure to help slow the spread of COVID-19. Visit with the wolves remotely via the WCC’s live-streaming webcams. All 44 of the WCC’s wolves – 3 ambassador gray wolves, 20 red wolves, and 21 Mexican gray wolves – can be watched at any time! Join them now ➡ https://nywolf.org/meet-our-wolves/webcams/
Katonah Lewisboro School District
Schools are closed Friday and throughout the weekend to all outside groups so that custodial staff can thoroughly clean and disinfect all areas. This means that all school-related activities scheduled tomorrow through Sunday are canceled. It also means that any non-school activities scheduled to take place in the buildings are canceled. Staff will spend Friday continuing to prepare for distance learning, should we have that need in the coming days or weeks. Students should not, however, expect to hear from their teachers tomorrow or over the weekend.
- The Katonah Musuem of Art has decided to protect against the spread of COVID-19 by postponing all public events and programs through March. This includes this weekend's opening of Bisa Butler: Portraits. The Museum will remain open starting Tuesday, March 17, during regular hours.
- From Bedford Supervisor Chris Burdick: "At this point in time, all Town Board meetings and meetings of all permitting boards will proceed as scheduled
- Harvey School has canceled classes and after-school activities for the rest of the week leading into Spring Break. As of Wednesday, March 11, there are no suspected or confirmed cases of COVID-19 at Harvey.
- The Katonah Chamber of Commerce has canceled its board meeting and is considering options for an online meeting.
- Katonah Classic Stage: The Eve of Ides, a benefit party to raise funds for the inaugural season, has been rescheduled from March 14 to April 18.
Lewisboro Town Hall:
- The Vehicle and Traffic Calendar for Court previously scheduled for Pre-Trial Conference or Trial on March 16, at 6:30 p.m. has been rescheduled to June 8, at 6:30 p.m. in an abundance of caution with regard to the COVID-19/Coronavirus. The Court apologizes for any inconvenience.
- Notary Services suspended indefinitely.
Lewisboro Parks and Recreation
- All Lewisboro Parks and Recreation Department activities, programs and meetings have been suspended for the foreseeable future. All Youth Basketball practices, playoff games and Statesman Travel program, yoga, Club Scientific, bowling trips, Senior Adult meetings, Senior Adult retail shopping and Fit moms/Body Back are affected by this suspension until further notice. Effective tomorrow morning the office will be closed to the public until further notice. The office will continue to be available by phone during office hours and by email. If you would like to drop off any registrations and/or paperwork, you can do so by using the mail slot at the back door of Onatru Main Farm House/our office Building, but doors will be locked.
- Online registration will remain open during this time. We still anticipate our spring/summer brochure going live soon and registration starting April 1st.
- Parks and trails are still open for usage but no facility/field usage requests will be granted at this time.
- All weekly senior adult meetings for the immediate future and canceled unnecessary retail shopping trips. The town will continue to offer food shopping trips weekly as well as trips to the pharmacy and doctor appointments through its outreach program under the leadership of Pam Veith. If any Senior Adult resident has any problems, concerns or questions, contact Pam Veith at email@example.com or 914-232-6162.
Lewisboro Baseball Association has canceled its player evaluations for Spring In-Town Baseball scheduled for Friday, March 13. This event will not be rescheduled. The association said will use evaluations from last season when possible “and will make it our top priority to create teams as balanced as possible.” The deadline to register for both Spring In-Town and Pony League has been extended to Friday, March 20. Click here for more information.
Katonah Village Library
- The library will be closed March 13, 14 and 15. All library programs and meeting room rentals are postponed for the foreseeable future.
- If you have books to return, hold them until the library re-opens. You will not be charged a late fee. The book drop will be closed. Do not leave books outside the library.
- Interlibrary loans are canceled.
Lewisboro Library’s Precautions Concerning the Coronavirus (Covid-19):
The Lewisboro Library is concerned about the health and well-being of our patrons and staff and have taken steps to help preserve both: The Library is cancelling all programs through the end of March 2020. We will re-evaluate at that time whether to resume programming. Visit the website for additional information on steps we are taking regarding sanitizing the building, the option of returning Library items through the exterior book drop and a reminder about our virtual collection - http://www.lewisborolibrary.org/