KENILWORTH, NJ - The Kenilworth Board of Education has established the following procedures for filling the vacancy left on the board, as a result of the passing of Board of Education member David Curtin.
Curtin served with distinction on the board since 2013. His contributions to the children of Kenilworth will be missed. The Board of Education will miss Curtin's knowledge and passion for the students and education he brought to his position.
The following are the procedures to fill the vacancy:
- Applicants must be 18 years of age or older, able to read, write and be a resident of Kenilworth and a registered voter.
- Interested individuals are to send a letter of intent to the Kenilworth Board of Education c/o Vincent A. Gonnella, Business Administrator/Board Secretary, 426 Kenilworth Blvd, Kenilworth, NJ 07033
- Letters must be received in the Board of Education office by Sept. 6, 3:00 p.m..
- Candidates must be prepared to attend a Special Board of Education meeting on Sept. 8 at 7:30 p.m., in the Board of Education conference room at David Brearley High School, at which time an interview will be conducted.
- The term of office, once filled will last until Dec. 2017.