KENILWORTH, NJ - The 2020 Summer Duck Hunt has kicked off to a great start.
Organized by first-grade teacher Stacie Holzinger, other members of the community who also participated to create this event were Pat and Kristin Boyle, Jemia Singleton, and Jenn and Mike Koleserich. Prizes were purchased by Kids for Rec and Holzinger's Spinning for a Cause Wheel.
“The thing I love most about living in Kenilworth is the community spirit,” Holzinger said. “That has been hard to maintain during the pandemic. I thought this might be a fun way to get families out and about while getting to see some friends from a safe distance. I brought the idea to Pat and Kristin Boyle who of course jumped on board and offered to hide the ducks so my kids could participate as well. We hope everyone enjoys these little activities that bring us closer together as a community.”
The Duck Hunt will end Tuesday, August 11, and all forms need to be handed in by 6:00 p.m. If you would still like to participate please see the information below.
KENILWORTH DUCK HUNT
Who: All residents of Kenilworth (all ages)
What: A Rubber Duck Scavenger Hunt
Where: Anywhere in Kenilworth (look high, look low, look in windows, etc.)
When: Sunday, August 9 – Tuesday, August 11 - you can participate at any time of the day / night
Why: For fun (and some small prizes too)
K-Town has been invaded by rubber ducks, and we want you to hunt them down. Head out around the town and find as many ducks as you can. Duck Hunt sheets are available at the Rec.
Hand in your sheets by Tuesday, August 11th to be entered into a drawing for some prizes.
- Please do not touch or remove any ducks.
- Please remain 6 feet away from other duck hunters.
- Please wear a mask when and if it is appropriate.
- Use the attached form to write down the locations of the ducks you found. If you are unable to print the form you can either use any loose-leaf paper to record. You can hand in 1 form for each member of your household.
- Find as many ducks as you can - there are 100 hidden ducks but you only need to find 50 in order to qualify for a chance at a prize.
- Hand in your sheet (be sure your first and last name is on it) for a chance to win some fun prizes. Sheets can be scanned and emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or they can be dropped off to the rec center between 11 -6 on Tuesday the 11th. Please have all forms (scanned or hard copy) handed in by Tuesday, August 11 by 6:00pm. Winners will be picked randomly and will be announced on Wednesday, August 12th.
- Have lots of fun!!
- Any questions: contact Stacie Holzinger at email@example.com or Kristin Boyle at firstname.lastname@example.org.