KENILWORTH, NJ - Welcome to Cooking in Kenilworth. Each week TAPintoKenilworth will showcase a new recipe. This week is Amber Zawacki's Poached Eggs.
Submitted By: Suzanne Zawacki
This is Amber’s recipe for a tasty and good-looking poached egg. Amber loves to bake and cook. She is a perfectionist and loves to please her friends and family with her meals and sweet treats. Recently she has had some inquiries of how to make the poached egg dish she makes for her mom. So, here it is. “I hope it helps you as well.”
- Boil 1/2 pot of boiled water.
- crack two eggs into 2 separate bowls.
- when the water begins to boil add 1 tablespoon of white vinegar and stir creating a vertex.
- while spinning in a vertex add each egg to the middle.
- Bring to low heat
- 3 minutes
* Tip if you like the eggs loose take the eggs out just before the 3 minutes is up- 30 seconds to be exact.
- Take eggs out with a ladle, put on a paper towel, and pat dry.
Ambers says she likes to put the poached eggs on a whole-wheat English muffin with avocado spread.
To make the avocado spread just mash the avocado and add a pinch of salt and pepper.
On the side, Amber also adds fresh fruit such as strawberries, blueberries, apples, and bananas.
This is a healthy breakfast and if you like eggs super tasty.
Amber loves presentation as well, her brothers definitely enjoy all the sweet treats and food she makes. She hopes to one day open a Cafe and visit Paris in which inspires her to perfect her macaroons and crepes.
Do you have a recipe that you’d like to share? Please send your submissions with a photo or two, to firstname.lastname@example.org. Your fabulous recipes will be published in the order of emails received.