LIVINGSTON, NJ — Interested in working for a young, innovative and ambitious company? Passionate about your community, local news, or online media? Curious about a career in consultative sales and account management with the opportunity to own your own business? TAPinto Livingston, West Orange and West Essex is looking for you!
TAPinto.net is an all online, award winning, hyperlocal newspaper that has been rapidly growing in New Jersey and now New York.
TAP was started in New Providence, New Jersey in 2008 and has since grown to cover over 60 towns and services hundreds of local and regional companies across the state.
We are looking for exceptional candidates for our apprenticeship program who are eager to pursue a challenging and rewarding career in a thriving online news organization.
In the apprenticeship program, you will be responsible for creating relationships with local businesses and onboarding them as yearly sponsors. You will also manage your accounts and offer marketing strategies using the TAP platform.
Our goal is to grow our sponsor base within our existing sites as well as open new editions of TAPinto.net across New Jersey and beyond.
We keep in close contact with our customers, and aim to be a trusted long-term partner helping their media strategy.
As an apprentice you will learn how to successfully:
- Train and onboard clients
- Help clients to get maximum value from our service
- Consult with and advise clients on best practices for online advertising and marketing using the TAP platform
- Build and maintain relationships with business owners and executives who use our service
- Handle customer renewals with the aim of growing your portfolio
- Understand client pain points and introduce new solutions when needed
- University degree with strong academic results
- Strong business acumen and proven ability to learn quickly
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills, and passion for working with clients
- A track record of high achievement and meeting deadlines and targets
What to expect
TAPinto.net has a fundamental belief in people and their potential. We are not afraid of investing in hidden talent, and provide a supportive environment for you to discover your strengths.
TAPinto.net offers comprehensive training for new team members, and this is ongoing throughout your TAPinto.net career. There is a strong focus on personal and professional development with chances for fast career advancement as a site owner.
Apprentice Learning Program will include:
- Direct involvement in researching potential clients
- Shadowing manager on client and sales meetings
- Learning how to create value propositions and onboarding new clients
- Shadowing manager at various community and networking events
We have office space for our apprentices at 25 South Livingston Ave, Suite E, Livingston, New Jersey.
The program is 40 hours per week and will require three days in the office and two out in the community (this may vary through the program).
Senior college students may apply for summer only position or part time during the school year.
To apply, send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org