LIVINGSTON, NJ - After weeks of fine tuning a $113.65 million budget, a public hearing and final vote on the school spending plan will occur on April 27, at 7:00 p.m., at the administrative offices, located at 11 Foxcroft Drive. The public is invited to attend.
Highlights include purchasing textbooks to enhance math and social studies curriculum, and hiring teachers at LHS to reduce class size. Also included is investment in technology, professional development, and in-District programs for students with special needs.
School leaders have said the budget represents their goals to create an educational spending plan that prepares students for college, career and life, and preserves a tradition of academic excellence for all students.
In addition, the Executive County Superintendent of Schools has approved Livingston’s tentative spending plan.
The following is Included within the line items of the proposed budget:
- Additional staff at LHS to reduce class sizes.
- In-class support for World Language at LHS.
- Extensive curriculum work including work focused on the new science standards.
- Purchase of Algebra 1 textbooks.
- Purchase of Elementary Math textbooks, Grades 3-5 .
- Purchase of Social Studies textbooks, Grade 7.
- New Behavioral Disabilities Program for students with emotional/behavioral disabilities.
- New Secondary Course offerings: Classical Foundations of Western Civilization and Digital Computing Tools.
- Student Assistance Counselor (SAC) shared between LHS and Heritage.
- Technology upgrades including enhanced infrastructure and new devices.
- Air conditioning in the gymnasiums at Mt. Pleasant Middle School, Burnet Hill, Collins, Harrison, and Hillside elementary schools (project makes use of state grant to pay 40 percent).
See a copy of the user-friendly budget on the LPS website by clicking HERE.
The opinions expressed herein are the writer's alone, and do not reflect the opinions of TAPinto.net or anyone who works for TAPinto.net. TAPinto.net is not responsible for the accuracy of any of the information supplied by the writer.