The Force Homestead Museum will be open to the public on Sunday March 13, from 2 to 4 pm.
Built in 1745 by the Force family, early settlers in Livingston, the original home consisted of one large room and a loft area. The house was expanded in 1800.
Today the home which contains a fireplace in nearly every room, is furnished with period pieces and articles donated by Livingston residents, including grandfather clocks, spinning wheels, and hand made quilts.
The Home’s Museum room also features a display of elegant gowns, dating back the 1700s.
The Force Homestead is open to the public the second Sunday of each month for tours conducted by members of the Livingston Historical Society. In addition, private tours may be arranged by calling 973-992-3017.