LIVINGSTON, NJ - Moving from preschool to Kindergarten marks the start of an exciting new chapter, and Livingston’s elementary schools will be hosting orientations to help kindergarten students and their parents get ready for the first day of school.
Families already registered will learn what school their child(ren) are attending by June 1 in letters assigning children to one of Livingston’s six elementary schools.
Learn more about the school your child will attend by participating in the orientation programs planned at your assigned school. Look for more details about the orientation programs from your school. The schedule is as follows:
Sign Up for E-News
- Burnet Hill Parent Orientation, 6:15 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. Thursday, June 4.
- Burnet Hill Student Orientation, 1:00 p.m. to 2:30 p.m., Monday, June 8.
- Collins Student Orientation, 9:00 a.m. to 10:30 a.m. and 12:45 p.m. to 2:15 p.m. Tuesday, June 9 (parents will receive details about the session their child should attend).
- Collins Parent Orientation, 7:00 p.m. Wednesday, June 10.
- Harrison Parent Orientation, 7:00 p.m. Thursday, June 4.
- Harrison Student Orientation, 9:30 a.m. to 10:30 a.m. Wednesday, June 16 and Thursday, June 17 (parents will receive details about the session their child should attend).
- Hillside Parent Orientation, 7:00 p.m., Wednesday, June 3.
- Hillside Student Orientation, 8:30 a.m. Thursday, June 4 and Friday, June 5 (parents will receive details about the session their child should attend).
MT. PLEASANT ELEMENTARY
- Mt. Pleasant Parent Orientation, 7:00 p.m, Tuesday, June 2.
- Mt. Pleasant Student Orientation, 1:00 p.m. to 2:00 p.m., Wednesday, June 10 and Thursday, June 11 (parents will receive details about the session their child should attend).
- Riker Hill Parent Orientation, Wednesday, June 17, 7:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.
- Riker Hill Student Orientation, 9:00 a.m. to 10:00 a.m., Monday, June 15 and 9:00 a.m. 10:00 a.m., Wednesday, June 17 (parents will receive details about the session their child should attend).
Registration is ongoing for kindergarten registration for children who will turn 5 on or before October 1, 2015. To schedule, call 973-535-8000, ext. 8002 or email email@example.com.
The Kindergarten Registration Packet is available on the District's website by clicking HERE; hard copies are available at the Livingston Public Schools Central Office, 11 Foxcroft Drive, between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m., Monday through Friday.
Parents/guardians should complete the registration packet before their scheduled appointments. They will also need to bring required medical forms and supporting documents: student’s original birth certificate; original deed or tax bill OR copy of lease and owner landlord affidavit form; original utility bill (current month or one month prior).
Detailed requirements regarding entrance ages, proof of residency and other special circumstances may be found by clicking HERE.
If one believes that an additional year at home would be in their child’s best interest, it is permissible for him/her to enter kindergarten the following year. Should a parent have questions about this option, please call 973-535-8000, ext. 8002 to arrange to discuss this matter with one of Livingston’s principals.
Livingston Public Schools determines the placement of students based upon the enrollment at each elementary school. Parents/guardians will be notified of their child’s assigned school by June 1, 2015.
For more information regarding the assignment of pupils, refer to Policy #5120, which can be found on the District’s website in the policy section, under the Board of Education tab.