LIVINGSTON, NJ — Since July 19, Livingston police responded to the following incidents, including a motor vehicle stop that resulted in an arrest for possession of a weapon, a shoplifting incident at the mall and more.
- On July 28 at 10:45 a.m., a vehicle was observed travelling on Eisenhower Pkwy approaching Rt. 280. A motor vehicle stop was conducted on the vehicle in which the registration was not on file. Subsequent to the stop, an investigation of the occupants resulted in the arrest of the driver, Khaleel Powell, 22, of Newark. He is charged with possession of a weapon, along with passengers Khalil Williams, 23, of East Orange and Anthony Wayne Williams, 22, of Newark. Williams was also charged with possession of CDS under 50 grams. Powell was charged with additional motor vehicle summons. All were released pending court action.
- On July 27 at 8:00 a.m., a vehicle was entered over night, possibly between the hours of 4:00 and 7:30 a.m. The vehicle, parked in the driveway of 174 N. Livingston Ave. was unlocked and personal papers remove from the vehicle.
- On July 27 at 2 a.m., a Livingston police officer was patrolling on Walnut Street when he observed a vehicle driving in an erratic manner. A motor vehicle stop was conducted. Upon investigation, the driver, Leonid Shtaygrad, 26, of Livingston, was taken into custody for operating a vehicle under the influence of CDS and possession of CDS along with additional motor vehicle charges. He was transported to the Essex County Jail.
- On July 25 at 3:45 p.m., officers responded to the outer parking lot by Barnes & Noble at the Livingston Mall. Express at the mall stated that it just had a shoplifting incident and the individual was in the parking lot. Upon arrival, Livingston police took into custody a Jonathan Small, 55, of New York for Receiving Stolen Property ($10,020) and Shoplifting from Express. He was released pending court action.
- On July 23 around 4:30 p.m., while conducting routine patrol and checking the area of CIT Drive, a Livingston police officer observed a vehicle parked in the lot at 8 Peach Tree Hill Drive. Upon checking the vehicle, the officer came upon two individuals sitting inside: the driver, Richard Pairazaman, 19 and passenger, Carly Levinson, 18, both of Livingston. While conducting his investigation, the officer placed both individuals under arrest for possession of CDS under 50 grams, being under the influence of CDS; Pairazaman was further charged with drug paraphernalia and motor vehicle summons. Both were released pending court action.