On Friday, October 18, 2013, Livingston High School Hall of Fame inductees will be honored as part of the Fourth Annual Homecoming Weekend 2013. When they visit current students at LHS and attend the Hall of Fame Reception at The Wilshire Grand Caterers, distinguished alumni, Hannah August, Class of 2001; The Honorable Governor Chris Christie, Class of 1980; Nikki M. James, Class of 1999; Ronnie Konner, Class of 1966 and LEAD Awards recipients John Hopton and Dr. Barbara Tamburro will share stories about their Livingston Public School (LPS) experiences and their past and current achievements.
“The Hall of Fame activities celebrate excellence in education, but they also generate awareness for our current students and township citizens examples of how a strong foundational education when paired with interest-driven passion brings personal achievement and the opportunity to give back to family, school and to the local and global communities”, said Heidi Cislo, President of the Livingston Education Foundation (LEF). “Through the sharing of stories, students learn not only about the history of their schools and those who came before them, but they learn about themselves. Hearing from alumni and past educators offers insights and interest in traditions and values, universal life experiences and the consideration of new ideas. Our honorees serve as models for how seeking opportunities to better ones-self through education can in-turn lift others and strengthen an entire community”, Cislo continued.
The LHS Hall of Fame Reception, which will take place on Friday, October 18, 3:30 p.m. – 7:00 p.m. at The Wilshire Grand Caterers in West Orange is open to the public. Reservations are required.
Information on how to make reservations for the reception, how to become a sponsor of the event and additional Homecoming Weekend activities, including the Livingston 5K Bicentennial Run is available on the LEF website, www.livingston.org/lef
. Inquiries can be made at (973) 535-8000, x8898.
In the meantime, test your Hall of Fame trivia knowledge by answering the following questions. (Click here for answers.)
Name the Hall of Fame 2013 honoree who:
1) Was voted best actress by her graduating class;
2) Currently serves as a World Language teacher at Riker Hill and Burnet Hill Elementary Schools;
3) Served as Class President for each year while in attendance at LHS;
4) Was named U.S. Attorney for the District of New Jersey in 2002;
5) Currently serves as Press Secretary to the First Lady, Michelle Obama;
6) Served as a member, president and vice president of the Livingston Board of Education;
7) Received a TONY Award for Featured Actress in a Musical in 2011 for The Book of Mormon;
8) Participated on the LHS Sr. Play and Sr. Prom Committees and was in the Future Teachers Club ;
9) Was voted most likely to succeed by her graduating class;
10) Was Sworn in as NJ’s 55th Governor on January 19, 2010.
Name the Senior Class Advisors for the LHS Classes of 1966, 1980, 1999, 2001.
(Click here for answers.)
Can you find the 2013 Hall of Fame inductee pictured in this 1966 yearbook photo of the LHS Future Teachers of America Club? Answer: Third Row- R. Ferber Konner